Thursday, June 8, 2006

---yesterday---

 

I am enjoying my not working freedom! 

My family is still out there trying as they will to drive me nuts.  I will not be baited into their schemes!

My husband is all over the place at his job.  Now that he can 2-way me all day long I get to listen to all the work drama.  Men can come up with some really creative drama too.  I just agree with him and go on about my day.  If something important comes up I'll do something about it.  Until then, I just reply, "ok, hon, sounds good"

Besides the stuff that my stepson Dale has created for himself, not sure what it is he did, but I think he got into a fight at a party and ran from the police.  He kept blowing off court, did some traffic stuff and finally got arrested for not showing up for his court dates.  Who knows, his mother allows him to do whatever he wants and now he's in trouble again.  We saw it coming tried to help and we're shut out so it goes....

His older brother Dustin (22) is doing well though, (I did not raise this child much he only came on weekends to visit).  He has an apartment  and is actually going to work and on time.  He works with the rest of the boys, the older three plus Mark.  It's a construction company, the boys all started out as the low guy and do labor work, then they are admitted to the Unionl learn to drive one of those large machines and have a certain amount of hours they must do in order to go up to scale, which is a very good wage + benefits.  Hopefully, this boy is growing up and commited to his future. 

On to my two sons.  They both stopped over last night with their new ideas on what they want to do with their lives.  They both live on their own, the oldest Tim, went to Purdue, graduated, has a great job with small company that wants to some day promote him to head Engineer.  He decides now that he is tired of wasting his money on an apartment (smart), partying (even smarter) and wants to move into his dad's and jointhe volunteer fire department (his uncle was a fireman).  Fine with me.  Just don't quit your day job.  OH yea he wants to save money for a house.  Ok fine by me.

The other one, Eric who works for Menards, has tried college flunked out both at a large state school and a junior college has decided he wants to go back to school and see if can pass a class.  Ok fine too,  He will not be quitting his job at Menards, he just wants to see if he can pass a class.  Ok fine again.  His present job at Menards is a lot of hours, but at 21 years old he is the manager of a whole department,  he runs the whole front end of the store, something he does quit well. 

I have learned one thing from raising kids/dealing with a husband.  Until 'it' happens I usually don't overreact...I just nod and say, "ok, gotcha,"  Saves a whole lot of stress and worry.  My decision making skills were pretty scary when I was their age too, and I turned out ok. 

After all that, last night Liz runs out of the computer room with news about an email from one of her friends...the library down the street is hiring a page.  Side note here, Mark has been threatening to take her life away if she doesn't get a job this summer, so she has been applying here and there.  She tried to apply at the library in the past, but they kept saying they weren't hiring, she got an inside tip from her friend who already works there.  This would be good fit for her.  She loves books and it's close.  She still doesn't have her drivers license, a goal she has for this fall.  Fingers crossed she gets this job.

Then there can be peace in the house again...until somebody else gets bored and decides to come up with some other form of excitement.  Hopefully it will be legal and sane!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Legal and sane at the same time? That is a lot to ask. I hope your daughter gets the job!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You have to admit your life is certainly not dull! Good to hear the good news about
your kids. Barb is starting to get better.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I can and will learn a lot from you, I can tell already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Maybe I like my boys *small* lmaoooo

Hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

Alot going on over there !  Enjoy your time off !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Rose I think you have raising kids down pat. You're doing good girl. Oh and that lady on the computer at the top sure has yeller hair. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose, Your kids sound responsible and it seems you have done a good job with them.  Too bad you didn't get hold of the others sooner!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

You are so right . I'm trying real hard to take you attitude. Just one thing at a time. It's just to much stress to worry about what hasn't happened yet. Thanks for this entry. It gave me hope that all will be alright.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I am telling you, you are a rock. All these nutty, going off half whacked people surrounding you and you just take it as it comes. LOL     Mrs. Level Headed.
Your sons sound like they have their heads on much straighter than the other two. Good luck to Liz.
love you,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose!
Wow!  You sure do have ALOT going on over there with ALL of the kids, huh?  It sounds like most of them are doing the right thing, hopefully they will stay on that path & not stray off somewhere!  Just think, you raised them right, some of them anyways, and they are doing GREAT!  Let me know if thing continue this way!  Enjoy your time off!  You deserve it after the school year YOU had!
Love, Linda