Friday, June 16, 2006

Prairiefest and I am pooped

Last night was the kick off of our annual town fest, or feast as I call it, Prairiefest, or Prairie dog days as one of Mark's old firends calls it.  Whatever it's usually a ton of fun, and this time Liz has volunteered to help out tonight and tomorrow night.  She will be picking up trash, reuniting lost kids with their parents, and things like that.  They have a carnival, live music, animals, crafts.  The fest ends with a huge Father's day parade that goes right past my house.  I love it!  The parade lasts over an hour, big times for this town.  The kids all come over and we sit and watch  and visit.  One of the few times we get them all together.  This year I am going to have some burgers and hot dogs and celebrate!  For some reason I have never thought to do that before.

I am so tired now, I was with the babies from 7:30 am until 6:00 pm.  I am on to them , so I was able to head off some pretty nasty shoving matches between the two of them.  We walked to the park and I am so out practice, I had to remember to explain to them that we must walk on the sidewalk, not in front of cars, spinning our little brother on the merry go round until he flips off is not safe,  & no Dakota you can't eat the sand, fun stuff like that.  The afternoon got very hot, but fortunately the kids have an air conditioned house, but I am a sissy and was freezing so I took the boys outside after their naps.  They were nice and dirty for their daddy when he came home~!

See grandma's do get the last laugh...:::rubbing hands together:: tee hee~

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lot of fun you must have had. But one does get tired, I know.
Your grandchildren are so adorable, hon; growing like weeds too.
Hugs
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I love a parade. We have our Cowboy Homecoming in August but the parade doesn't come near our house. I do know a lady on the route with a big oak tree so If I get myself down there in time a nice place to sit. Paula

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm glad my kids are past that stage and as old as I am I'll be way tooooo old to babysit by the time I have grandchildren (see, there was a method to my late child bearing madness! Bwhahahah! Martha ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,

Prairie Fest sounds fun, it sounds like something our town does.   Our Fest is in two weeks.  Saturday, here in the Midwest, is going to be HOT and I hope the rain holds off until your fireworks are over.  That's always the best part of any Fest!  OOOOOH, AAAAAAAH!

Chasing after little ones is draining.  That's why God gave young kids to young parents!  He knew what he was doing!    

Makes driving the bus look easy, doesn't it?!  

Enjoy,
Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a lot of fun,am so glad that you enjoyed the babies and I can see
why you were so tired. The boys are adorable.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I love home town festivals. The parade sounds fun too. I'd love to be on a parade route, so I could sit in my yard and watch. Kids are fun but they have so much enegry, I know my granddaughters wear me out.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing how much you enjoy your babies!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

The parade and festival sounds wonderful!!  And that is so funny about grandmas getting last laugh.  LOL.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

How fun the parade and festival sounds!  I live in a small town also, but the parade is way to far away, and it's waaay too hot to be out watching it!  It's in the 90's here!  No thanks!  I'm staying inside where the AC is! lol

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

How fun with the festival. Living in a bix metropolis I miss things like that.  Those little ones are going to keep you on your toes for sure haha!!

Kara