Tuesday, June 6, 2006

it's my birthday!

It's my birthday today.  This year will mark the ending of my 40's.  Ah my 40's they were a decade of true growth for me.  I am not a big birthday person.  Most of the time my birthday marks the end of a school year, I even graduated high school on my birthday.  I remember when I was 6 I ran around saying "on June 6 I'll be 6" to the point of being annoying (not ME??!!).  In my early 20's my birthday meant free drinks at the local bar, but I've grown out of that, plus drinking and I have an understanding , I don't and I stay out of trouble!  Later when I was a young mom I received handmade cards for the kids.

I was honored by a some great people today.  My j-land buddy Lisa Jo sent me a beautiful plaque honoring our friendship, complete with a very sweet card, I love that girl!  I am ever so grateful to my j-land family.  I also received an e-card from dear Jackie, we just met here in J-land but we have much in common (grandma!).  My kids on the bus sang to me, gave me gifts and one little girl even cried.  This time of year I always have such mixed feelings.  I realize how much I love my job and what an impact I have on them.

For a few short minutes I nearly bid on a route that was posted late, but then I remembered my biggest commitment this summer is to ME!  I deserve some time off, a siesta, time to relax, regroup, spend some time with my grandbabies and enjoy!

Afterall this is my last year of being in my 40's! 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kick up your heels and have some fun. Enjoy your birthday until its done. I just put you in my birthday book so with any luck I won't forget next year. My forties and fifties were the best years of my life. Hope it will be so for you. "Happy Birthday" to a very nice person. Love, Paula

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. You've only just begun. Life really does begin at 40!

God bless and have a wonderful day,
Angela

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
HOPE YOU ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!
GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU!!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday ! May you have many , many more.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday my sweet friend!!!!!!!!!!! You are the BEST. I am so glad the mail got there on time..sorry that plaque wasnt wrapped...i cant find the damn wrapping paper. I hope you find joy today. i love you,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

" Happy Birthday" . I guess I forgot . Sorry. I hope you have a great day.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rose!! Molly and Baby are doing a Birthday Dance for you! The cat, however, is taking a 20 hour nap in your honor :)

xxox

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Happy Birthday to you.  I know what you mean about a mixed bag of emotions about birthdays.  I always get excited about mine, but hate it when people fuss over me.  My birthday marks the beginning of the school year, that's another part of the mixed bag of emotions.  

Enjoy your birthday and your summer.  I am glad you stayed strong and avoided the temptation to put your name on the summer list.  You would have regretted it later!  

Happy Birthday, again, my dear friend!

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rose,
I am sorry I didn't read all my mail in time to know. I am so glad that you had a
wonderful Birthday!
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Oh Im a day late!!!  Happy Birthday Rose.  You are  delight to know!

Big Hugs!
Kara

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!
Ang~

Anonymous said...

{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Glad you liked the Ecard.. :)   Hope your birthday was a good one, Rose!

Love to you,
Jackie