Tuesday, July 25, 2006

almost computer-less

... thanks everyone for the comments...for me, personally I will throw out rants, negativity all over the place, even here.  But yesterday was the type of day that if I got on the downer-train I would have crash landed.  Hubby was on it, some stuff beyond our control, ongoing normal stress that everyone goes through and I really didn't want to start my day being upset...so I made the choice to stay positive.  Trust me on this one I can get as b*tchy as the next gal!

So on to my day, Mark has been bugging me about Liz getting a job.  It's now the end of July and she has made a feeble attempt to get a one.  She doesn't drive yet, but we live very close to many retail store, restaurants, etc.  She wants to go to a concert on Sunday with her b/f Mike so I told her to make an effort to get a job.  She doesn't have to make it a career, just a little part time job.  She is required to walk our dog, plus she is taking care of a cat for a family that his been away.  Oh yeah and our yard too, she mows that.  Our yard is dinky, takes 20 minutes tops to mow.  She did all that yesterday.  Plus applied at Dominicks, which hires everybody.  Yesterday she even had time to hang out with her girlfriends which she needed to do as she neglects them for the b/f. 

In the meantime my old computer kicked me off, I have a bad driver and I knew this old friend will someday need to retire, but I keep things until they break, why toss something that still works??  Even though it's slow and turns off at will.  It did it's thing, and when I turned it off it would not come back on.  Just stayed stuck, with poor j-land-less Rose staring at a blank screen.  So I figured I'd let it cool of, tried a few more times, it wouldn't work.  Decided to leave it until today.  Turned it on this morning...nothing...so I tried the old tried and true method...I give the tower a bang...viola' the screen comes on! 

Lesson?  If all else fails get a bigger hammer!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you HAVE to have a PC because i need you with me here in J Land. I hope Liz gets a job and that makes hubby happy and all is calm and loving in your world.
LOVE YOU
lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey, maybe that's what I did wrong. I didn't give the tower a bang. I'm online ..but never know from one moment to the next how it will be next time I sign on. Just have to keep our wits about us, right--and of course our sense of humor.
Love you much,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I used to have a PC like that , I finaly got a new one, have a great dayt, hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Awww Rose you gave me a little chuckle. I didn't know you were a computer repair person. Mine is soooo slow getting online and I just won't give up and spend the money on a new one. I'm like you just keep using until there is no more left. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose,you are so cute!
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Your daughter and my daughter should get a job together!  I've been on her most of the summer but most of the places she's gone to want you to be 18 (WTF???) and she won't be 18 till the day after she leaves for COLLEGE (her b-day is Aug 26th)  She did play at some parades and shows over the summer (she plays clarient and sax and is going to school for music) and she is on the Marching Band staff at her old HS, but I wanted her to have a REAL part-time, run of the mill, every teenager has to have one of those...jobs.  But, who the heck is going to hire her NOW?  She leaves for college in exactly ONE MONTH!

Grrrr....things just ain't like they used to be.....(lol)

Jeanne
http://journals.aol.com/candlejmr/AJourneytoaNewMe/

Anonymous said...

LOL...SOUNDS LIKE MY KIND OF FIXING!!! LOL A GOOD BANG UPSIDE THE TOWER WILL DO IT EVERYTIME!LOL
LOVE YA,CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my old TV set !! We'd bang the side of it so the picture would come on!!! Better make plans to get a new one soon, though!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

LOL Remember when you use to have to slap the TV to get the pic to stay still! Woe to dinos!

Sunny side up I see, good for you. We also take turns at our house with moods.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

My computer keeps kicking me off. I think there is something loose on the back. It is sad and lonely without J-land, isn't it? I love you.

Anonymous said...

That is so frustrating about your computer!  Im so sorry.

Kara

Anonymous said...

A boss I had once had a saying, " If it doesn't work hit it with a hammer and that includes men ". I kinda liked that. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Percussive maintenance! Works like a charm, and I may need to try it on a certain sprinkler head...glad you got it working again!

xoxo