Thursday, July 6, 2006

baby count down

I've been missing in action which for me is a good thing.  We went to our trailer on Saturday afternoon, I hadn't seen a TV or a computer until Tuesday night.  Good for me, I tend to sit in front of this stupid thing way too long.  Did I miss anything???

Saturday was our club where we camp's annual pig roast.  Mark did not work so we made it in time for the food.  It was a very quiet event this year.  They always have a huge bonfire, I mean huge, and plenty of food and drink.  Since Mark and I don't drink we always get to enjoy the drunk action that usually goes on.  Some of these folks start drinking at breakfast and go way past midnight.  The weather was great and we ended up staying until Tuesday morning.

Since the campground is only a few blocks from Jeremy's house we headed over to Jacob's 3rd birthday party on Sunday.  That was also a drunkfest with some of his biker friends coming over in the early evening.  My poor pregnant daughter in law's patience is wearing thin, she is due any day and doesn't always want to be the place to 'be'.  They have a pool so their place tends to be the spot to hang out. 

I am thinking when she finally has baby #3 and is able to stay home full time she will feel better.  I am glad I've been able to help as much as I have.  She comes home to clean kids, a clean house, if I knew what they wanted for dinner I'd have that ready too!

The picture below is from Prairiefest Parade on Father's day.  Tracey of course is the pregnant one, isn't she cute???  Next to her is my stepson Jim, with Dakota and Jeremy in front.

Poor Jacob didn't have a nap and was super tired.

Me and Dakota...

I am off to catch up

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing something right, Rose. You look younger every year!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

That Dakota is adorable, and by the way, his grandmother is pretty cute too.
Big hugs, hon.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

What great pics! She is cute and you look like one VERY young grandma :) Sounds fun, but I do feel for Tracy <sigh> those last days are tiring, your so sweet to help out :)
Hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. You look way to young to be a grandma! And what a good one you are! On top of all that you're easy going enough to hang out at drunkfests when you don't even drink! What fun you are! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi there !
Great photos ! What a cutie pie Jacob is !!
hugs,
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

Wish you were my mother-in-law. Oh no! That would make you really really old. Seriously you are such a nice m-i-l and grand mother too and pretty to boot. Paula

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures. Yep, I've watched a lot of drunk action this week end . I'm glad I don't do that any more.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful! Tracey is pretty and everyone looks handsome. i am glad you had some down time and enjoyed yourself. I have missed you though!
XO lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Rose I love the pictures,you are all so cute etc. Glad you had a good time.
Tracey is blessed to have you as are the boys.
Love
Mickie