Wednesday, July 19, 2006

grrrrrrrrrrr moment has past

Mark's work truck broke this morning so he had the day off.  So we spent the day at the DMV getting the required tests done in order for him to renew his license.  He works all day usually, so we figured we'd take advantage of the day off. He had to take four tests, and since he did not read the book, only looked at the test questions he had a bit of a struggle. But passed.  THANK YOU GOD!  

I was grrrrrrrrrring this morning because a few little things happened that irrated my peaceful mood that I had been working on having today.  Everything worked out though. Mark's been putting off the DMV for way too long, he was afraid he'd flunk the eye test, because he wears reading glasses, so do I, he thinks they will make him wear them when he drives.  NO.  I also freaked him out when I told him how hard the written test are, just because you've been driving for years doesn't mean you'll pass the test, unless you read the book.  Glad it's over.

Yesterday I worked, I drove the swim shuttle, easy enough: drive to a grade school, pick up some kids, take them to the pool.  Sit in the sun, get a tan, and then drive them back.  All this and get paid too!  They actually were very well behaved too.  

During the layover I got to catch up with the normal work related gossip.  Even more exciting because the other driver is a union rep.  Seems some drivers this summer are stirring up some drama.  BLAH!  I personally hate the stuff.  Our job is difficult enough without adding internal crap.

Glad I am not there full time this summer, the break has been refreshing to say the least.

Tracey's doctor is busy this week, (I find that funny!) and the soonest she can induce the baby is Friday morning.  Why can't girls today do like we old ladies did back in the olden days???  Just wait for the kid to be born!  Seems like everybody is in a hurry to get the kid either pulled or cut out.  A girl at work demanded a C-section this past week.  My middle kid was a C-section and I remember it not a fun experience.  What is it with people today?

 

 

Birthday boy Jacob and Dakota...see that bump on the right side of the picture?? 

That's my future new grandson!  My dil has no shame, she just let's that bump hang out!

My old, dirty trailer, but it's home away from home.  The bike is Mark's, the one I was on in the last entry is Jeremy's way cooler one. 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you . What is up with girls these days. I also think they should wait to know what the baby is, but that's just my opinion.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Glad that Mark got the test out of the way. I love that pregnant bump but i could have never shown anyone my tummy! Glad you got some money and still arent working all the time.
LOVE YOU!
lisa

Anonymous said...

I don't remember a c-section as being pleasant, either! Then again, I didn't like hearing, "well, maybe she can deliver this baby, but look at that x-ray, it would be a very tight fit." That was not the reason I had the section, but I didn't like hearing it anyway when I was already in labor. I would have much preferred to let nature take its course.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

So many changes in the world, especially when it comes to having babies. I think they ought to let the babies come when they are ready to - and not before, but then what do I know? lol. It's just this girl's opinion
Glad Mark passed the test.
Hugs
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Glad you could spend some time with Mark even for awhile. When is the baby supposed to be born? Tracey looks ready to have the baby soon. So glad the kids
behaved for you .Your trailer is neat. The boys are sure growing and are so cute.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

The last thing in the world I would want is a C section! Man oh man!!!  I know what you mean as I am that age where everyone is having babies and it is like they want to schedule it when it is convenient for them. Um ok, it dosent work that way. It's not like your making an apt. to get your nails done ya know lol!!!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you via the editors pick, I'm in Illi too, just western Burbs....My DH and I belong to a sportsclub too.....small world huh? lol Now the school bus driver thingy.....you are one brave woman! lol lol lol I never liked driving my own kids around let alone anyone elses! Maybe its the guilt of being a horrible little brat on the school bus as a kid....personally I would of dropped my little butt off on the side of the road and gone about my day!

Anonymous said...

Your right with women today....everyone is getting induced. Me included. I didnt do it intentially the first time but the second was a planned C-section because she was 5 days late and NINE pounds!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Way 2 go for him passing his test, weight lifted I'm sure. Baking in the sun for cash. Can't get better then that. LoL

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose ~

The DMV is never any fun. I just got my liscense back 4 wks ago after not driving for 9 months. Its been a trip back on the rd, people dont know how to drive today.
Our state DMV doesn't make people take any tests to renew their drivers liscense anymore. Just the ones when you go to get it the first time and thats enough to stress out about. I am happy he passed all tests and all is well. Good luck on that new baby coming soon; U better share some pictures lol cant wait to see!
The swimming shuttle sounds awesome I could drive that every day lol to swim and get a tan to get paided my kind of job. I've starred selling Avon all the crap in the box confuses me so I will let Bill figure it out lol and I'll just have the fun. I love the cute small trailor i wish we had one my mom,dad did when i was growing up but my mom sold it when my dad passed away- i miss it. Well my avon orders just came in and I am gonna get going take care and enjoy the summer love ya your friend Sara

Anonymous said...

DMV sucks.  Glad it seems to all be working out though.  I wish we had you driving for our children.  I had a big talk to them at the bus garage because the middle school stop is at the neighborhood down the road a bit and that doesn't seem right to us to put the kids 30 feet from a train track and make them walk over to the other neighborhood.  It's just under a mile so they won't move it.  Grrr.  I am so mad.  I hope to get a petition going.  Yup, I'm going to be the trouble maker mother.  Oh dear, I guess it will take someone to start it.  That summer school driver was awful.  We missed half of the classes.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That little bump doesn't look so little. Young ladies even dress differently now when they are pregnant. We wore those loose maternity tops over pants or skirts with the whole for the bump or stretchy stuff. My mama would have a conniption fit. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bump! That is a pretty bump to, I would show it proudly it it was mine!!! ha ha ha ha!  I agree though about moms today being in a hurry, I feel the same about the dr's. I had to be induced one time out of 3, and I hated that.  O'well, everyones in a rush these days :(
HUGS*********
Angie

Anonymous said...

Next it will be congratulating YOU on the birth of your new little grandson!!  Gotta love those bumps, huh?  :)

Hugs,
Jackie