Thursday, July 20, 2006

ANNOUNCEMENT!

   <--------I got to hold a brand new one of these 2 night!

Yep, my brand new baby grandson came into the world at 7:20 this morning!

His name is Dayton Arthur!  He weighed 7 pounds 13 ounce and is 18 inches.

TONS of black hair!  He looks like his beautiful momma!  I even remembered to

take pictures!

 

Yesterday Mark told Jeremy to go to the Walgreens and get some Castor Oil, told him to hand it to his wife and have her drink it, surely THAT would put her into labor.  6 hours later at 2 am she went into labor. Whoa the old tried and true method!

Of course where was grandma Rose???  At work of course!  Humph!  I got the desperate call at 5:45 am from my base, so as I was leaving to cover an all day out of district route, Mark got the call to stay home, because of the huge lightening storms. 

After my drop at the school, I called him and he gave me the long awaited news!

I also found out that we don't start any training until the middle of next month, so I can help Tracey and enjoy a month more of summertime bliss!

Ok Jackie!  Where's your good news!!????

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations grandma Rose. Now we know that old wives tale works, right? Paula

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Rose,
Congratuations? Have a great vacation and enjoy the beautiful baby.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

EWWWWWWW...CASTOR OIL WOULD MAKE ME GO INTO LABOR...EVEN HAVING HAD A HYSTERECTOMY!!! LOL
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW GRANDBABY...KISS ALL THE LITTLE FINGERS AND TOES!
LOVE,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Castrol Oil for me twice. Congrats on the new baby, enjoy.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to see some pics of this handsome little guy :)
Hugs******
Ang

Anonymous said...

YEA !!! Finally some good news in J-land ! congrats to you Grandma!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and everyone else!! Thank God for a healthy baby boy! The city next to mine in Ohio is Dayton, quite a different name for a child. I am sohappy. Hurry up with pics!
love you
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hi hon. Congrats! Nothing makes a woman smile as quick as a new baby, right? I like the name. Looking forward to pictures.
Love you
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Rose,

I am SO happy for everyone!  We each now have 3 grandchildren to bless our homes during the Holidays and throughout the year!  I have been off line since Monday when the storms blew out my cable/internet and power (3 days for power outage).  I came back on-line just in time to hear your great news.

Have fun helping Tracey.  Please send your pictures when you get a chance!

Love,
Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Grandma. I'm so glad he's finally here.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{{{Rose}}}}}}}}}}}

I could knock myself in the head for leaving the last comment on the previous entry!  I remember now you told me your Tracy had the baby when you commented on MY journal!  Duh!  I think I have post partum grandma forgetfulness! lol

Our grandbabies are just hours apart...  Your baby boy sounds like he was a  nice hefty little one.  Garrett is long and lanky (already) just like his daddy and mommy.  Both of them are on the lean side.

I am so happy for you Rose! :)  I'm glad that your little one was born strong and healthy, and that your Tracey is doing well too! :)

Hugs and love,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rose!!Can't wait to see some photos!
Have a great weekend! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting Rose!!!  Enjoy your new baby!!!

Kara