Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday...time for bike riding!

Since it rained most of the past few days, Mark did not have work.  He also got the call from work that he needed to go in to the clinic for a random drug test.  Which is fine, we went, but they don't do them on Saturdays so he will go back on Monday.  My work does them too, I think it's a great thing.  This world doesn't need stoned or drunk CDL drivers on the road. 

Later we road over to my brother's house and they were finally home.  The older kids are always busy.  Their son Rylan  is getting big.  My sister in law even handed him off to me to hold.  He is now 5 months old but he's a wee one because he was born so premature.  But he's getting caught up, looks happy and that's what matters the most.  A review here, back in February my brother and his wife had a set of twins who were born at 31 weeks, one did not make it.  His name was Tyson.  It was a sad thing, very sad.  But the remaining twin has always been a healthy little fighter.

This is my brother Ken and Rylan

Tonight she talked a lot about the baby that died, Tyson, but she seems to be working through it.  She has two older kids from her first marriage, the twins are my brothers.  Her daughter who is 7 wants to plant a tree in rembrance at their house, which is a good thing.  My sil's aunt had some how gotten a hand print of Tyson and had it made into a small charm that my sil wears around her neck.  I cannot even imagine how this woman feels.  Such a hard thing.  But she tells me it's the little things that help her grieve.

They are as busy as ever, the oldest son with baseball, and the daughter with cheerleading.  My brother is only a year younger than me, here I am loving life and nearly free of children's activities and he's just beginning.  WOW!  Hopefully he will stay healthy or he'll need a walker for his son's graduation!

 

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking guys you got there. yes I remember the baby that didn't make it. I know its hard for your s-i-l but sounds like she is working through it and good that she has that little cute one. Paula

Anonymous said...

I bet that Rylan helps your SIL cope....thank God he is healthy and SOOOOOOO cute!! What  a blessing he is...your brother looks happy with his cutey son. I just know you were in heaven holding him.
Have a happy Sunday.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

A sad story. One is here and the other is not.  I have a friend with a similar story and she is still struggling with the loss. (she gave birth to a stillborn).
Thank God for  Rylan.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

What a cute lil man cub he is, and I feel for your sil. I am glad that there is a happy ending tho.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

So sad -- my thoughts and prayers to your Brother and SIL.
Thanks for sharing the adorable photo! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

It is so sad that one of the twins died but knowing he is with God is one happy thought. I feel so bad for your brother and sister in law. The picture of Ken and Rylan is adorable. Hope it is not humid there,it sure is here and very hot.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine.  That pendant sounds wonderful as does the tree :)  What a cute baby that Rylan is!!!!!!!!!
HUGS
Angie

Anonymous said...

The baby looks great. I'm glad he's doing so well.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rylan is such a cute little baby!  I remember Tyson and you telling us about him. It really is just heart breaking.  Only time will help.

Kara

Anonymous said...

The baby looks a lot like you, Rose!

xoxo