Saturday, July 8, 2006

This happy guy is my stepson Matt and his wife Brandy's pup Dozer, get it Bulldog, bull dozer??!!  He's only 10 weeks here, at the Father's day parade.  He's so cute and caused quite a crowd to gather. 

Liz is now available to come with me to babysit.  She is finally done with her play stuff and the job she may or may not get isn't until the end of the month.  A friend of the kids always watches the parade from our house and she works down the street at the small family style restaurant.  She is leaving then and offered to train Liz to replace her as the owner only hires direct referrals.  This would be an ideal job for her, the hours are 5 to 7 and some weekends, then she could keep the job after school.  I waited tables for a time and the money can be pretty good. 

These are the friend's twins with Dakota ... I wonder if he thinks they are future dating material!??

Poor Tracey is getting crabby and tired so we are picking up the boys this afternoon so they can come to the campground.  Jacob has the memory of a elephant and asked me everyday if he could go build jumps in the sand with grandpa.  I am going to offer to keep them for the night.  Let it be known that I am not a saint!  My mother taught me that family was about helping each other out.  Without my dear mother my poor children would have been little criminals.  I got divorced right after I had my middle kid, moved in with my folks and proceeded to have Liz.  I was a mess for a few years.  And fortunately for me and my kids my parents never, ever gave up on me.  I owe them much and the way I was brought up you always help out family.  Besides I love chilren, they are so funny and sometimes make more sense then most adults! 

Hopefully when I am old lady drooling in a nursing home one of these little guys comes and visits!  Or at least brings me a rag!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they will all take good care of you Saint Rose!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Your a wonderful person !!! I remember being so miserable when I was pregnant.
Your so right about family helping each other out.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's all about the kids :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yep I'll bet those little guys will come to see you and take you out for a ride. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
Ah! That puppy is so cute!  I love his name!  Whoever thought of that name is very brilliant!  I have to agree with ya, your stepson is very, very, very good looking!  I love the pictures of the twins & Dakota!  Very sweet & innocent!  I, too, love kids.  I keep saying I can't wait to be a grandma, but hope it doesn't happen for a few more years yet, ya know?  Right now I'm not healthy enough!  But I can't wait.......Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

You can tell just a little bit,ha ha that you Love kids. They are so adorable. Dozer is a cute pup. Your Mom sure taught you all the right things,you are quite a Lady!
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

cute pictures. Yep, kids are great. I just saw my granddaughters last night . They are so cute and your right sometimes they are smarter than adults.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

You are just an awesome woman, wife, mom, granny and friend! I love ya so much and wish we were closer.
I wish i had a mom like you,
have a happy weekend.
XO lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! I agree about family.  Mine are very helpful to, however it seems I have to pull teethe from my mom to get her to watch my boys so Scott and I can ever have a day / night out. I hope when I'm a grandma that I will embrace the oppurtunity to watch my grandchildren, regardless of how much work it is. I want to be a fun grandma and a helpful mom ! I think your pretty close to a saint :) HA HA HA HA
Hugs
Angie