Thursday, July 27, 2006

ugh aol stinks! PS I stink as a mom!

I worked  this morning...ran the swim shuttle, which is the day care kids daily outing.  So..........I get home tonight, hop on the computer ... no journal alerts??!!!  in my in box....urg!!  HUMPH!

AOL=irony...no wonder the news reports that AOL is giving away free highspeed...gotta love 'em

So...........tomorrow I will be going to my favorites and looking in on you all...til then...

UPDATE:  it's the next day and AOL was bad yesterday to everybody, not just me...which brings me to my sucking as a mother...at least for today...

My stepson Dale is a problem child, he's 19 years old, never graduated high school, drinks, gets into fights, goes to jail, etc.  He lived with us for a time, but didn't like the rules so he want back to the safety of his "do whatever you want to mom", whatever.  Last night Liz shows me his myspace site.  I don't go to myspace normally because my kid goes there so I figured I'd give her privacy.  Besides, it's enough work to maintain this journal...(I am attached to you all!).  On his info section, he put his most painful memory was of his parents break up...and he wished they were still together.  GOOD GOD folks this happened when he was 6!  I know it was sad, I know it was painful.  My husband and his ex fought all the time, I know how he is with me...add alcohol and bam!  up in flames I am sure.  I know his ex is...irresponsible, she loves to hang up on him when she doesn't like what my hubby is saying, you know immature stuff.  So they did NOT have a marriage made in heaven, or a family life, either.  If I got all psychological about it, I am sure my stepson just misses the idea of the intact family.  Ok, his comments in his journal made me feel bad, not for me but for him.  Let go for God sake!  Be spiteful and despite your past rise above and do something with your life!  Like the rest of the brothers!

Ok, got up this morning all set to accomplish a list of items.  First off get Liz's permit renewed, her's expired so she had to get it renewed so off we drove the 20 miles to the DMV.  I didn't bring her social security card, or birth certificate, so we were turned away, ok cool, I was close to our trailer so I went and opened that up...we are staying this weekend, may as well use their A/C, their lake, and since the kids are close see the babies and swim.  Great...then we had  to stop at Liz's school and try and buy last years yearbook, they always give them out a year after the school year, no can do...I suck as a parent, I should have taken care of this a long time ago.  Had to put her on a waiting list.  Then we go to Target, Liz put in an application Wednesday, they are only hiring the 4 am to 11 shift, which she said she'd love (no human contact involved) but she needs to be 18 she won't be until October....plus the service desk ladies were so rude I felt like saying something, but I was a good girl.  She can go back when it closer to time for the college kids to go back to school.  Bet she gets a bunch of offers by then.

I could go on...my husband is a crab because where he's working today he has to go through an area that got 5 inches of rain last night and the roads fell in...nice...Oh yeah and it's hot...

Oh well, it could be worse...it could be Monday

 

Have an awesome weekend!  I am going fishin'

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Poppin in...alerts still out !!!!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

AOL ate my entry today.  So I still haven't put one up, and it's been nearly a week.  I need to remember to always do my entries in email and then copy and paste to my journal.  It's so annoying to really put forth mucho effort, just to have AOL swallow it whole! :(

You sound like a busy bee, Rose!  

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

You can't stink or suck -- you are saint Rose remember?!! I hope you have a great weekend! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

My Wonderful Friend, Rose....
First I wanna say.....YOU ARE NOT A STINKY MOMMA!!!  You are such a wonderful, supportive & caring mom!  One of the best around!  I'm sorry things didn't go smoothly, but there is always tomorrow!  I hope Liz will be hired at Target in a month or so.  I'm sure when all the college kids leave, there will be plenty of openings!  Please, don't be so hard on yourself!  You are such a great friend!

Love ya,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Family break-ups, and tragedies (such as a parent becoming ill, the loss of a sibling, etc) I am learning, are traumatizing for young men, especially if the break-up or tragedy happened while they were very young.  Rose, some guys NEVER get over it.  Why a break-up or a tragedy is so hard for them is a mystery to me, but please, don't feel that you are a bad mom because he feels this way.  His feelings have nothing to do with you.  Rather, he feels that way, doesn't want to, and doesn't know how not to.  I mentioned in an earlier post in my blog that the two Seattle front men for Alice In Chains and Nirvana both suffered traumatic experiences in their home while they were young, and they remained troubled for the better part of their adult lives.  Where many view them as bums, I see them as broken men who didn't have access to The One who is able to heal their pain, understand them, accept them, heal and deliver them.  In a perfect world, men should be able to suck it up and move on, but I am learning that the reality is that men are having a hard time doing this, ESPECIALLY since their faith in God is not as strong as it should be.

Pray for your son, Rose.  The Lord knows and understands Him.  He is knocking at the door of his heart; pray that your son will let Him in.  I have hope that God will move on these broken men here in the world, one of these days, and heal them.  It is difficult, but not impossible.  Nothing is too hard for God!

Adrian


     

Anonymous said...

Rose -

I went through the exact same thing with my 15 year old boy this summer.  He gave me the guilt trip about breaking up with his dad.  He wanted us to get back together too.  We broke up 14 years ago!  That is an unrealistic fantasy.  I think our boys should get together on myspace and have a pity party!  Divorce is tough, but they have to learn to trust  that it was the best decision for all involved.  Keep the communication going with Dale, it will help.  As far as Liz is concerned...this is a stressful time of her life...there are so many things she wants to accomplish (ie: driving on her own, having her own money and deciding what she wants to do with her life after HS).  One step at a time.  Things will fall into place for her.  

You are a great Mom and a great wife and a great friend.  As Moms we want to take away our loved ones pain and "fix" it for them.  A good friend told me to try to relax and do what I can to help my kids.  They need to go though life's ups and downs on their own.  It's part of growing up and growing away from home.  We need to let them know that we love them and have faith in ourselves that we armed them well enough in life to carry on on their own.  

Be there to listen and offer suggestions.  Be there for the hugs.  Our kids won't stay mad at us forever for "screwing up" their lives.  

Love ya,
Kathy