Saturday, October 7, 2006

Another fun filled week, the weather has been gorgeous, hubby worked all week also, Liz started work for real (with customers, store open) at Kohl's Thursday night.  When I picked her up there was a bit of normal teen whining, "God mom it's hot in here, my feet are killing me, you remember that girl who used to date my friend Mark from freshman year?, well she works at Kohls too and you know what she did?!!"  Gad girl do you have to scream, I just woke up from a nap!!  But she did have a few positives to say, such as she's made some friends, is using her acting abilitlies to make alliances via the show Survivor.  She feels like she will do better at work if she gets along with people, has a good work ethic.  Cool!   She worked last night and is there again tonight, but off until next Saturday.  She also used her age and curfew to get out staying until 2 am as they needed the store to be opening day perfect for today.  And let me tell you when I brought her dinner the store is wonderful, but people are slobs.  Leaving clothes hanging where ever they feel like hanging them.  I never cared for that practice, whenever I didn't want something  I always waddle my happy butt to where it belongs and put it back.  I work too and do not like it when others make my own job more difficult.

Speaking of jobs, I drove a 5 hour tennis trip today.  Mostly spent the day reading trashy magazines inside my bus, although I managed to read a Newsweek.  Some new person at work brings in all their old ones and I grab them to read and return.  Always to the proper spot mind you.  The extra hours are a God sent...as are Mark's...we are blessed I will never tire of saying that, even when I am freaking out over some stupid bill.  I have much to be thankful for...indeed.  I also am scheduled for a trip next Saturday morning.  I go to one junior high pick up the girl's volleyball team.  Take them to the junior high down the street from my house, drop them off, first giving the coach my cell number.  Then I park the bus in back and walk home to do whatever until th;ey call me & get paid.  Whoo hooo love my job!

I am off on Monday and will most likely have the grandkids...Tracey has my school calendar on her frig, with all my days off...I think that is so cute too.  My pictures will be ready tonight so tomorrow look for some pictures of my boys! 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like you have been very busy, Rose!  Don't you just love teenager's and their whining? lol

Looking forward to the pictures of your boys!!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going great! Can't wait for the new photos! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who works in a store and she always tells me about the arm loads of clothes she has to put back on the racks. PEOPLE! Sounds like Liz is getting in the right frame of mind to be a good salesperson though. Paula

Anonymous said...

I love to shop at Khols, got my leather jacket there for half price, day after Christmas!!! Cant wait for pictures.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I love Kohls, just wish there was on closer to me. I'm lost on the Surviovor and gad girl do you have to scream, I will have to reread this, it hink I'm slow this morning.
Many Hugs
ang

Anonymous said...

You are going to love that family discount at Kohl's!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am glad Liz is doing so well at Kohl's. They are building a new Kohl's where my old WM was....we built a SC down the road. Time marches on, huh?
GLAD that Mark is working and things are going well. i love the trashy mags too..i bought them for years but now only get to read them when i see one in the breakroom.
LOVE YOU,
lisa

Anonymous said...

I have to smile at Liz and you talking on her first day of work,the fun things and the tired feet etc. It is so nice that you can share with Liz. I hope she'll love her job. All good things are going on your way,yea! I know you are happy to be seeing your grandsons. I can hardly wait to see more pictures.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had to laugh about your daughter's first real night at work.  Sure sounds like my daughter when she was still a teenager and getting off work at her job at a cafe.  LOL  They are SO expressive!!!
Kathy  

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying this story of teen's first day at work.  Glad the weather is nice where you are.  I am freaking out about the bills too.  Cannot seem to relax and get my head straight these days.  Hugs,
Lisa