Sunday, October 1, 2006

a busy girl is a happy girl

Since school started back up I've been a busy girl.  Liz has been working, her store officially opens Thursday, Homecoming was last night, & we kept the boys last night at the trailer.  Dakota has gotten so grown up, he'll be 2 in December and he finally can play side by side with Jacob or by himself.  He's talking so much too.  Tracey did Liz's hair and she looked very cute.  She had big hair, and a strapless baby doll dress.  Liz was a little sad because Mike didn't come up from college to go to homecoming.  They officially started dating 2 years ago at homecoming.  Young love, speaking of I think my 21 year old Eric broke up with his girlfriend of 4 years, Tina.  I learned this again through Liz who got the tip via my space.  What weird world we live in.  This news is from last week, I am sure they patched things up by now.   My boys never tell me anything until way after the fact.  They are not like Liz who always has an update on her feelings and life.

Camping was great, we had a huge fire, and the boys helped us make chicken.  I love it!  Dayton is getting big too, he's only 2 months and 11 days old and already weighs 14 pounds!  I knew he was getting fat, he's a shorty too only 23 inches tall!  He's like his brother though never likes to lay down, always wants to be sitting up looking at all the action. 

Jeremy brought Jacob's 4 wheeler from home and they both got to zoom around the empty campground.  I love camping late in the season, less people, but we do have to watch out for the deer hunters.  Afterall, we do camp at a sportsmen's club.

One of these days I'll get my film developed.  Hopefully before the boys can drive.

take care!

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boys don't tell me much either.  So it must be a boy thing.  I kind of think boys don't know how to identify what they are feeling and don't like to talk about or face or deal with feelings.  My husband thinks they will go away if left alone most of the time.  I sometimes think they would do more of that if I left them alone, and other times I leave them alone for too long.  Maybe one day I will get the hang of it a little bettter... but it is always difficult for me to sort out anything much without writing, thinking or talking out loud about it all.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are one busy girl but I guess that keeps you out of trouble. Sounds like Liz looked so pretty. Hope she had fun even if her boyfriend couldn't make it. Take care, Paula

Anonymous said...

I love camping.   I actually miss it sometimes.  Used to go all the time when I was married.

Garrett is 13lbs and 24 inches long and he is the same age as your Dayton!  He is far from fat!  I feel like he is just starting to catch up, weight wise.  He only weighed 6'8 ozs/19 inches long (at birth), so he was a long skinny little thing! lol  Now, when I hold him I actually feel like I have a hold of something! lol

Looking forward to your pictures!  If, of course, you ever get around to getting them developed!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Keeping busy, huh?? Kids are getting big to quick.
Take care
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I absolutley LOVE to camp in the fall, it is so beautiful. I never understood why anyone camps in the hot & humid summer (least in Ohio).  I miss fall camping, I hope we will get to do it before our kids get to old to only get that chance 1 or 2 a year in MICH. I use to go every weekend in the fall, and those are some of the best yet most simple memories of my life :)
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things have been perfect! Have a great week!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good weekend. good for you.  Yep, I guess busy is better. Keeps us out of trouble.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

glad things are going well.....i want to see Liz in her dress!!! I hope all is well with Mark.
LOVE YOU,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
So happy you enjoyed your time with the Grandkids and also that Liz is close to you and shares the news  about your son.It sounds like she looked neat.Can hardly wait to see your pictures.kids grow so fast,before you know it they will be teens.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Glad that even though school keeps you on your toes there is always time for the babies!!!

Kara

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than time with grandchildren!  It's good to be busy because time flies by.  Hope to see pictures of homecoming.  Sounds like Liz looked adorable!
Kathy  

Anonymous said...

You are so happy! So much good stuff going on for your family :)

xoxo