Monday, October 9, 2006

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, I spent the whole day off & on trying to get my CD disc of pictures from my buddies at the local Walgreens to work.  I think my spyware thinks it's  spying on me so it will only show the main screen but no pictures.  I know I'll figure it out, I always do...I've kept this old girl up and running for many many years and I am not going to let this little 'grrrrrr' keep me from getting this disc to work.  But I have so many adorable pictures to show off!!

My day off was nice, I did not watch the boys, so Liz and I hung out here.  My bil Mitch is in from Colorado.  His daughter is back from, not sure where, she is the one who's husband is at war in Iraq and their town threw them a big wedding last summer.  My bil had a bad accident a few years ago, shortly afterward his wife of 25 years divorced him.  He was no angel, but like most bitter woman (I can say this because I was once a very bitter ex-wife), she doesn't want my bil to be happy.  She's not, so he isn't allowed to be.  Mark's ex and her met regularly to discuss my husband and my bil.  Ish girls get over it!  Take it from me, you are never truly free until you let go of the crap and move on.  And forgive for God's sake, you are only hurting yourself by hanging on to the past.

Mark's ex was brought up again too.  My son Tim has a half brother named Joey who is in the 8th grade.  He plays Youth Tackle Football, my ex is the coach.  My son helps out so we went to the game yesterday afternoon to cheer them on as they are in the playoffs.  We've attended a few times this year, it's fun watching my son be a big person.  Anyway while we are climbing the bleachers, two ladies start calling Mark's name.  They happen to be old friends of his and his ex.  So we sit with them.  Again they talk about how his ex is still bitter...they can't see why either.  They were both so sweet to us.  Gabbing like old friends.  They even hugged me after the game.  Weird, but in a nice warm fuzzy way. 

I've learned in life that resentments are deadly, they will eat you alive if you let them.  I am no angel, I still get pissed like the next guy, but I forgive & move on.  Or at least try to.  Makes life easier.

My bil came over yesterday for awhile and will be staying with us Tuesday and Wednesday nights.  It's nice for my husband, he's worked hard over the years to be close to his family. 

I'll keep working on the disc, hopefully can show off soon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont have anything to do with any of my ex's people....they all have been turned against me......which is a damn shame. You always have the healthiest attitude..it is a shame everyone doesnt see things like you do.
love you, lisa

Anonymous said...

I am so in agreement with you Rose on forgiving and forgetting.  Well, sometimes you don't always forget, but you let go of the bad feelings that went along with the anger.  To hold on to things, and never let them go, just eats you up inside.  Life is too short.

Your X SIL sounds like someone who doesn't WANT your brother, but she doesn't WANT anyone else to have him either.  I guess that goes along with not wanting him to be happy because she isn't.  She never will be at that rate, and he needs to let her go off and pound sand by herself, and move on his life!  :)

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the disc. I agree let go of things....my husbands family holds the biggest grudges, I hate it!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

You are one of the most level headed women I know of. Paula

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweety.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

it is so true that when we hold grudges the only one we hurt is ourselves!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude about forgiveness and moving on.  Resentment just eats us up, it doesn't hurt those we resent. Hope you get that CD to work.
Kathy  

Anonymous said...

I think you are pretty darn close to being an angel :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Rose! -- Hope you are able to get the disc working -- Have a great weekend!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Great entry!!!  You are so right about holding onto resentment and bitterness.  It is much healthier to get rid of it as you say.  
Lisa