Saturday, October 21, 2006

oh it's so hard to be a woman

This week has been one emotional rollercoaster for this girl.  Being 49 and a woman is a crazy, hot flash-filled, teary-eyed experience.  I lost by bus keys this week, the school lost my kid, my youngest turned 18 yesterday, my middle kid had problems with an atm machine (debited his account gave him no $$), my oldest and my middle stepson went out to dinner and a football game with us last night, & I am still here smiling and feeling utter relief that it's Saturday & I am home safe and sound.  Oh yeah and sane too. 

Oh, and I had my yearly physical on Wednesday.  I have to have a Chest X-ray rather than a T.B. test as I test positive.  Thursday the office tells me that the clinic found 2 shadows on my x-ray.  Right where my breast (nipples) are, so I need to go back and get another x-ray.  Am I the only woman on earth who has nipples???    Of all my body parts I worry the least about my Lungs.  My blood pressure was it's usual low 117 over 67, my health great, but my x-ray?!  Ugh, I'll be going back today to take care of this.  I have to, to keep my bus permit.

 

Dakota, isn't he getting big??!

 

Aunt La La (my baby is 18!!) and baby Dayton

 

  My Jacob, he's all boy!

Photobucket re-did their picture sizing so I am still trying to figure it out.  Change sure is a hard and wonderful thing isn't it???!!!

Have a wonderful weekend !!! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosie,
you must have some HUGE nipples, my friend. LOL

Happy 18th to Liz.
Meg will be 18 in Nov. God help ME.

The boys look great.
i love you,
lj

Anonymous said...

I know I have nipples, but they don't cast shadows :) LOL  Your week sounds NUTS, lay low if you can this weekend ;) I love the pictures, they are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

Nice happy pics! I hope your nipples don't cause a problem on the second sex of X-rays, LMAO! Good luck!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

A rollercoaster ride sounds about right!! Hope you will have a nice peaceful weekend! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, boy, do I know about the menopausal thing! :(   I hope all goes well with your Xrays!  Even though I used to work in a hospital, I still HATE going to the doctor! lol

Hugs, love and prayers
Jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

Anonymous said...

Yes it is hard to be a woman sometime but we wouldn't want to be the other now would we? lol You have such a nice looking family. Paula

Anonymous said...

Yep,it's hard to  be a woman sometimes.Your Grandkids and Liz have beautiful eyes and are adorable. Hon,it sounds like you had one of those weeks,hope next week will be a better one. Yhe great thing is that you are home safe and sound!
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Hard to be a woman, from day one . I'm not looking forward to Meno...ugh
your family is gorgeous !
hugs,
Ellen