Monday, October 30, 2006

eek it's dark!

I always have trouble with the time change.  My first pickups are at 6:45, before sunrise, now it is bright and sunny.  This morning my normally half asleep high school group (9th grade boys) were goofing around and stringing seat belts together.  ::sigh:::I am sure they will settle down soon.

Saturday night we watched the boys and decided since it was the last big breakfast at our campground, we help cook, that we would just stay at the trailer since it's just down the street.  Our house is about 20 minutes from the kid's house.  So we stopped by the trailer before going to the kids house to light the furnace as it would be dark & late when we came back.  And when it's dark a job like lighting the furnace involves a lot of swearing since we usually forget how to do it from year to year.  As I open the camper door I see some mouse poop, this is not unsual, the gun club is in the middle of farms and the fields are all being harvested.  Mark realizes he did not put the steel wool in the hole for the power cord so the mouse found his way in.  No biggie, I am used to cleaning up after mice.  BUT then I look up...there is a tree branch poking into my trailer...and there is a hole where the tree branch came through....more swearing (not by me, I decided to laugh...one of us has to be the calm one and this time it's my turn).  We survey the damage and decided to head to Jeremy's for the items we need to repair the damage.  It all ended up working out a-ok as after talking to some other club members we have been included in a group that will be sealing their roofs with left over roofing tar from one of the member's jobs.  We will trade work for tar...pretty nifty.

Liz's play was very, very good.  It was a Neil Simon production and I actually had a good time. This one was very well acted with an elaborate stage.  She ended up working yesterday and again tonight.  Kohl's is having a big sale for family members with 15 percent extra savings this upcoming weekend.  We can pick out what we want and then pay for it on the weekend.   We will be going Wednesday.  The boys have so many toys that Tracey requested clothes for Christmas.  I love shopping for the  little ones, but with so many boys do you think Jeremy will notice if I buy Dayton pink?!??

Jeremy with the boys at the pumpkin farm.  Look the deer even posed!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The time change always messes me up to. Maybe thats what going on with the teenage boys. Great picture.
Hugs r.C.

Anonymous said...

The furnace lighting made me chuckle. We haven't lit ours yet but its a big ritual. We forget too and I am so afraid John will blow the house up I go stand by the front door so I can run. I feel sorry for the little boys who catch the bus on our corner. Its dark and cool for them. I like the picture including the deer. Paula

Anonymous said...

I do not like the time change becasue everything in my house seems to have a clock on it! I wish they all had auto updates!!! lol I went around and changed them all Sunday and then today the electricity went off just long enough to make me have to set them all over again!
That is the cutest picture! The deer is actually looking at the camera!!!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

This year is the first time the time change has bottered me.Hope the boys calm down for you and you can have a good year driving. Your Grandkids are growing so fast,and you are smart to take pictures while they are young.I had my 4 kids
by the age of  21 and didn't even own a camera.Now I wish I'd have gotten one.
So happy that Liz had a great play and you enjoyed it. You have lots of patience
my friend,mice,tree branch on your camper,I run when I see a mouse.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

The time change always screws me up....but I do like that it's light out for my son in the morning.!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

WOW! You really have patience. I hate mice; had to the steel wool thing once and forgot; had mice problems of course. lol
This time change takes some getting used too; usually a couple of weeks, for me - longer for Johnny. Love the pictures, Rose. Your grandchildren are growing so fast. Before you know it they'll be ....well, we'll not go there; we'll just let you enjoy them as they are now. lol Holidays are here already - time to start on our gift list. Take care honey, and thanks for the love and support. You're the best!
Love you much,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

After finding several mice in my pantry when I lived in Utah I am very affraid of them! They really upset me so you are one brave woman!!!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh what a cute picture!! We went to a deer farm where you could feed them, ALL OF US were in Heaven!! Very cool :)
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

Great picture!  So glad for Liz that the play is great!  Bet she's proud of the accomplishment.  Hope you are enjoying a great day.
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Great photo! I know what you mean about the time change. It always really messes me up too. Hope the kids on the bus are settling down a bit by now. Good luck with all your work and repairs. Have a great weekend Saint Rose :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am here so late - I am so far behind in my emails! I personally like boys in pink, if it's the right shade. I like men in pale pink or salmon shirts, too.....hey, we wear blue, right??

xoxo