Friday, December 15, 2006

here i am!!

  Here I am!  I am never and I mean never, ever going to call off work again!  EVER!  If I wasn't still quesy on Tuesday morning going to work, seeing the mess that was made of my routes did!  Actually, whatever flu bug we had, I still can't eat right...usually chicken stars keeps my tummy from jumping.

Anywho...back to Monday, the standby driver who was scheduled to run my route did not come to work.  She also did not talk to a live person when she called in, only the voice mail which doesn't get checked right away.  So.........after 45 minutes of standing on the street corner my Junior high kids head home and their parents call in and send them right back!  45 minutes!! bless their little preteen souls they actually had enough faith in me to hang out for that long!  I came in to work and my bus was in the shop.  Something to do with brakes, no way I say, I know my bus.  Ok, seems the sub driver was driving with the emergency brake on.  Filled the whole bus up with smoke.  wow!

I got my bus back, was welcomed back with, "don't you ever leave us again" lecture by parents and kids...and was on my way.  I also told them to not put coal in my stocking for my punishment!

The week actually went fine, quick too, as time tends to do this time of year.  Almost done with my Christmas shopping thanks to the fine folks at Kohl's and my daughter's amazing associate discounts.

You all will be stuck with me this Christmas break, we are staying here for the Holiday, no Florida to see dad.  Too hard to juggle it this time, with Liz's job, and the money output that come with this time of year, my car needs a new tire, my dryer needs to be replaced, blah blah blah.  BUT my spring break is the end of March.  We will aim for then.  My dad really miss us, and us him.  Besides it is 80 during that time of year and I will be very, very ready for the BEACH, after a long midwest winter!

This little guy is going to be 2 on Tuesday! 

Dakota!

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you cute little Dakota. I hope you get to go see your Dad later, you deserve that vacation. I can see how you would hate someone else driving your bus. Paula

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are dreaming of Florida, ourselves, even though we have had a very mild winter here so far.  I love the Christmas tree graphic!

Anonymous said...

Glad  your feeling better...take care of yourself !!!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

He was just born! He can't be TWO!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Glad you are better!  It sounds like the families on your route really appreciate you!

Anonymous said...

You shouldnt feel bad about taking a sick day! But I know that feeling when everything gets all messed up when you are away!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Flubug! Hope everyone is over it and feeling great by now! Sorry to hear you won't be making the trip to Florida. Spring is a nice time to come here :-)
Enjoy your winter break and Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Hugs, Martha

Anonymous said...

Poor Rose. You get sick one day and life goes to hell in a handbasket. SEE how much you are needed and loved? Wow, i would love to go to Florida right now and lay by the ocean.
LOVE YOU so,
lisa

Anonymous said...

He's growing up so fast , I can't believe he's already two.
Hugs, R.c.