Friday, December 1, 2006

SNOW DAY!

WoW!  We actually had a snow day!  Nearly every school in my area was closed.  I am thinking because it was sleeting all night and then the snow piled on top of it...made for a very dangerous mess.  Plus it's Friday!  I got up at my normal time and watched the news waiting for my school to be in the list of closings.  The news was very organized with all the counties in alphabetic order, BUT they kept going to commercial and restarting the list!  My county is in the K's.  Just as I was headed to the shower, my phone rang telling me school was called off, just as the news showed my school in the list!

We ended up with around 5 inches of snow, but it's the heavy, blowing type that makes for a heart attack when you try and shovel it.  That's what kids are for!

I went back to bed, & slept in, ever grateful that I didn't have to go out and deal with a bunch of drivers who forgot how to drive in the snow and ice.  Many of the same who have no clue how to drive in the rain either!

The above picture is from Thanksgiving.  I didn't talk about this before because I was trying not to be a big baby, but my stepson, Jeremy who has all the grandkids coddles his mother something awful.  She insists on hogging the holidays with the boys, like she is the only parent.  So...she along with the 3 of the brothers (not Matt his wife insists on him only going to her folks house!) went to Jeremy's for Thanksgiving and we were not invited.  Mark was so upset that he spent last Sunday stomping around the house being generally an ass to me and anyone else who was home, finally locking himself in the bedroom.  I ignored him and went about my day.  Tracey sent Mark some pictures from the day of the kids, I am trying very hard to be a bigger person and not be resentful.  After all she would have preferred we be there and who ever (Mark's ex) has a problem with it just not attend.  :::sigh::: I am ok, this crap went on when Jacob was born, Mark's ex used to head over to their house whenever she thought we'd be there and just take the kid and leave with him!  Now she's too involved with all her illnesses to bother.

I think Jeremy is being filled with guilt now because he is being overly nice to Mark.  Tracey's mother's house is in need of major electrical work and Jeremy is doing it.  Mark is over there right now helping.  Jeremy keeps talking about how is going to help do our kitchen some day.  Or maybe he's kissing Mark's butt for free help.  Whatever...Mark's not here bugging me. 

I truly believe in the law of cause and effect....what comes around goes around (my mom used to tell me this) and it's a round world (my bil's saying).

But all I do is look at that little face and I know life will even everything out!

Be around visiting you all... on my snow day!

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your heart, Rose.. because it is such a kind and understanding one.  I know that hurt you, on Thanksgiving, but, ever the optimist, you just keep plugging forward.  All we can do right?  I believe in Karma too.  What come around does go around, but, sometimes it feels like it takes forever, doesn't it? lol

I know that feeling... You look into your grandchildrens eyes, and for awhile, all is good with the world... sigh..

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Ugh, ex wives! Thank God Rick was never married before me.....but he has to deal with Pete. I wish the step sons would show YOU favortism because you are the best mom and grandma EVER. Mark and my Rick are both big babies in middle aged mens bodies. LOL
LOVE YOU.
lisa

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have to deal with all that.  What an adorable little guy he is!!!  I can see where his smile makes you happy inside!!!  So glad ya got to have a snow day!!  Sleeping in is the best thing ever!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to deal with that.... i love that sleeping baby picture. Happy for your snow day too !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I do believe what comes around goes around , <sigh> hate to hear you get left out a bit during times like this. But your right being the bigger person. That lil' guy is a HANDSOME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
ang

Anonymous said...

Rose,I am so proud of you because it is sooooo hard feeling left out etc. You are
a better person for all you do. The baby is just adorable,he makes you want to
hug him. I am happy that you got to sleep in. I bet the snow was beautiful.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little baby!  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Can you just have your big dinner on another day? Even the weekend before or after? I mean, a calendar date isn't the issue, it's the family time together, right? No sense getting worked up about something you can not change.

How did we miss the snow?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to have a snow day. I hate dealing with people who don't know how to drive in the snow or any kind of weather. Your right , what goes around comes around. Just wait. It will happen. It always does.
Hugs, r.c.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -
Glad to hear that your district called for a Snow Day.  Ours didn't.  We got about 6 inches of this same mess;  freezing rain, heavy snow and high winds.  Our temps tell from the 60's to the 30's also, in a matter of a few hours.  

I was out there in my big yellow school bus with all of the other "idiots" who were trying to learn how to drive again.  They were all in a hurry to get to where ever it was they were headed.  I avoided many "near misses" with cars and city buses.  I even had a car do a double donut spin out, right in front of me.  But I kept my kids safe, and my bus on the road.  It wasn't until I got in my own car to go home that I got hit by a semi who skidded into me.  Luckily, not much damage to my car.  

It just goes to prove that SCHOOL BUSES ARE THE SAFEST FORM OF TRANSPORTATION!  Go figure!  

Enjoy yourself.  

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

That's got to be hard with all the different sets of grandparents wanting to spend time with that cute baby. But your stepson's mother sounds like she might be a bit overbearing and selfish. Poor Mark.