Friday, December 29, 2006

See that little smiling elf in the middle!  That's Rylan!  He's my nephew who was born this past February.  His twin only lived 2 days, but look at this big boy!  The other two cuties are my brother's stepchildren. 

Can you guess which of these two are my blood relations???  Heather is 3rd from the left and Haley is the little girl in front.  These two dark haired, green eyed sweethearts are my neices, Haley is so much like her Aunt Rose that she has hairy arms just like me!  Of course the other three are my youngest brother's stepchildren.  God bless poor Conner being raised with all these girls!  You can just see the look of "Joy" on his face!

I have been a big girl and not made a big deal about getting an email picture from my brothers, no Christmas card,....I guess that is why they make Walgreen's online print service!

I have made some decisions about myself and the new year.  Some wonderful things happened to me over the holiday, which for me personally has strengthed my otherwise shaky faith.  I put on a good act, but I was once told it's ok to 'fake it to you make it' and I am starting to believe that all the faith stuff I've been preaching is finally taking hold.   And it feels great!

I had all three of the grandsons here on Wednesday, but only Jacob stayed overnight.  Long story, but that was ok, big brother needs some personal attention from the grandparents, plus he loved hanging out with big old Uncle Jim.  They spent hours watching monster trucks and played some video game.  Sometimes I wonder which one acts older!

The grandbabies will be here again for New Years Eve and I can't think of three more handsome guys to ring the new year in with, even if they are fast asleep!

I did receive some gift cards that will enable me buy a very nice digital camera.  We will going out tomorrow to check some out.  It's been in the 50's here and today we took a ride on the motorcycle, tomorrow we will do the same!  

My son Eric won a gift card at Menards, he found the secret thief who was sent to "steal".  It was good amount of cash too.  He gave it to me for Christmas.  It will buy half a dryer, I will be able to pay for the other half!  I feel so blessed to have such great & thoughtful kids.

Here's to 2007 being the best yet!

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute kids! And so much pretty hair!!!!  Im excited for you to get a camera. You will have so much fun. Ya know Rose that's whay they call it FAITH... you just believe... you don't know..  Faith is like a little seed... if planted it will GROW!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

What great kids !! Enjoy every second .
hugs and happy new year!
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Rose you have so many nice looking kids in your family. That is such a nice thing to give you half a dryer too. Paula

Anonymous said...

Oh goodie...a new dryer AND a digital camera! YES!
I love the pics....all the kids are just gorgeous. I bet you enjoyed that bike ride, huh? Rick would be so jealous.
LOVE LOVE LOVE you,
lj

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was able to pick which of those kids are related to you by blood!

Have fun with the new camera and dryer!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

It wasn't hard to see which kids are your blood relatives. They are all adorable.
Rylan is looking so good and so happy.Thank God for that little boy.
I guess good looks run in your family.
I am glad that you are doing better and looking forward to the New Year.
Happy New Year
Love
Mickie