Monday, December 11, 2006

sick day

Baby Dayton give the "raspberries"

In my last entry I wrote about grandma having the flu bug.  I meant to type grandpa as that is who Jacob was asking me about.  Little did I know that I too would eat  the flu bug.  Liz and I went to the kid's house on Saturday to watch them while Jeremy and Tracey went Christmas shopping.  Mark being sick was safely at home not to spread the flu bug.  He was nasty too...moaning and groaning, up in bed for 3 days!  Very unlike the man, he has never called off work in the 12 years I've been married to him.  He did that Friday.  Hopefully, I did not pass the flu on to the boys!  Liz says she feels fine, so fingers crossed the kids are ok too.

I did get the bug but only for a few hours...I felt a bit queasy yesterday, but still managed to go to Liz's Christmas Concert. It's a yearly event that has all the bands and choirs performing together.  It's very enjoyable too.

Today I am feeling much better, just a bit tired, but I have 42 sick days accumulated since I started 4 years ago.  I have only called off work one other time and that is because I nearly fainted from some type of illness that some little school child passed onto me.  At least this time I caught the bug from an adult!

I took today off to make sure I was over my bug.  Resting up for the home stretch as we only have this week and 3 days next week of school until break.  And I do not feel guilty about staying home.  The rest is welcome and I will be back tomorrow feeling like my old self again.

While babysitting Saturday Jacob did not want to take a nap for fear I'd be gone when he woke up.  I assured him he could come to my house this coming weekend and spend the night.  Dakota, too.  Now I know how my mom felt as my kids were always wanting to spend time with her. 

It's a balmy 40's here and all the snow is melting.  Mark is back to work and will be working until at least Christmas.  Possibly longer, he has another job lined up for winter.  Seasonal work is something we have had a tough time getting used to.  Mostly we can swing it financially, but having Mark home all day for 2 months is just too much.  He drives himself crazy with the down time.  But it always works out!

 

 

    

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, that baby is a real cutie!!

Sorry you weren't feeling well.  Hope it has passed for good and that you get alot of rejuvenating rest today.  Seems to be alot of sick people in JLand today!!

((HUGS))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Awww...he is so cute, Rose!!!  Chubby and healthy looking!

Sorry you weren't feeling well.  Glad it didn't erupt into full on vomiting.  I hate to vomit!  HATE IT!  

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Rose,
I hope that you feel better soon.It is good that you took today off to get better.
Your Grandson is so cute.I love those eyes.
Glad your hubby is better.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh hun, I hope you do keep feeling better, I am such a whimp with the flu :(
He is a DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
42 days?? WOW you really are racking them up!!!
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

Surely you need a day of rest to be sure you don't get worse. Take tomorrow too, lol...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hope you all are feeling better soon.
Love those sweet baby pictures!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Yuck a  doo!!!  Id take a cold over the flu any old day. Tis the season for spreading germs fa la la la la!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

My kids had the bug, too, but what I have is something a lot different--my liver enzymes are over 3000, when 50 is normal, and they are pretty anxious about it although I told them I was not sick enough to go to the hospital (last Christmas in the hospital was enough!) so I stayed home and sleep a lot.