Tuesday, December 26, 2006

humph ... 3rd try ...

Merry day after Christmas!!

Once again AOL is up to it's dirty tricks and not letting me do an entry.  This will be my third try...

Here's my weekend in a nutshell...

Christmas Eve we spent with the grandkids.  The tonka backhoe was a hit with Jacob, Dakota loved his firetruck PJ's insisting on putting them on immediately after opening them.  Tracey was thrilled with the blanket I made Dayton and to prove it wrapped him in it, he promptly fell asleep!  We got the kids mostly clothes as they have a small toy store of trucks and various vehicles at their house.  Tracey exclaimed after opening Dayton's gifts, "look Dayton now you have your own clothes", a nod to his 3rd child gets the hand me downs status.

My kids were here yesterday, it was a quiet lazy day filled with their loud happy stories.  Eric said it took over an hour past closing time to run all the last minute shoppers out of Menards on Christmas eve.  Ho ho ho.

We had our annual chinese takeout, and I even had to stop by my beloved, dependable Walgreens for cough medicine (for Mark).

I have more later, regarding my own family, but I will see if this one goes through.

 

Oh & I will be getting a dryer and a camera!  ;) 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{Rose}}}}   Merry Day after Christmas to you too! :)   I'm glad that you had a good time with your kids and your grandbabies.. :)  I didn't get to see my little Garrett for Christmas, but I will be going down to visit this Thursday.  
I haven't left an entry in over 2 weeks... a first for me!  Just not in the mood!

AOL worked for you...that's good! :)

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

My mom always had chinese take out on Christmas because she hated the seafood we made!!!
Merry Day after!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose -

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.  

Kathy Gorecki

Anonymous said...

So glad that your getting a dryer and a camera! It sounds like you had a peaceful
and lovely Christmas. I bet the kids made your day. Hope Mark feels better.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

A dryer AND a camera? Lucky you :)

Glad you had so much fun :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awww Santa so deserves that nice hot bath. Glad your Christmas was wonderful. Paula

Anonymous said...

OH WOW, a dryer AND a camera? WOO HOO.....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad Christmas is over..i know with you seeing the boys getting their gifts and spending time with them made your heart happy. Good. i love you,
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I always love getting Christmas Jammies!  SOunds like you all had a wonderfull CHristmas!

Love, Kara

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Woohoohoo!  Sounds like a delightful Christmas.  What fun with the grandchildren.  Hope your  New Year is especially wonderful!
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

It all sounds good! Enjoy the new camera and dryer. What kind of camera are you getting?

Anonymous said...

Dayton..what a cute name...the town next to us is Dayton, Kentucky!