Saturday, December 2, 2006

Saturday & shopping

I am over my pity party regarding Thanksgiving.   I was actually over it right away.  Years of therapy, self help groups and  counselors have taught me that feelings aren't facts and most likely the reason for my feelings was something other than what actually was going on that day.  Any time I mention feelings to my husband he thinks he has to do something about it.  Like defending my honor or something. This time of year I miss my mother more than ever, and no matter how hard I try I tend to be just like her.  Her only job in life was being a wife, mother and grandmother. I, too have made a career out of motherhood including my stepchildren and I take things very personally.  For instances the kid above with Jacob is Dale my stepson, I've known him since he was 8.  He lived with us for a year when he was 17.  We nearly had him graduated, but he got mad at us for our rules and went back to his mother.  He now at 20 does very little but get in trouble and drink.  He's such a cool person too.  He would never come here for a holiday, nor would his brother Dustin.  Last year when we had the pizza party Thanksgiving get together neither boy showed up.  But come to think of it the middle stepson, Matt and Dustin didn't show up for his mom's gig either.  See how irrational I can be!! 

So......enough of that.  I am so happy my kid works at Kohl's!  They have the best sales ever!  And associates get special saving at different times during the holiday.  Like the other day I got a bunch of gifts for the boys for 1/2 off the normal and then 30 percent off that.  Such a deal. 

Jacob is very much into camouflage prints for his clothes...God the kid is already into a style!  I found some camouflage long johns that are so cool.  So I am having fun buying gifts this year.  Tracey requested clothes so I am looking for unigue and 'cool' stuff.

I am doing better...my feelings are fine.  I am happy hibernating in my nice warm house.  We are having a cold spell right now.  My world with all the lights, snow covered trees and clear sky looks like a Christmas Card.  It really does wondersfor the spirit.

I am off to enjoy my evening...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

it can be hard not to take things personally.  I always take a step back and try to ask myself if it really is MY problem or not!  You are such a sweet person Rose! Try to remember that!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

We are having a cold spell here too and its hard for us to know what to do with ourselves because we have that weather so seldom. Makes me lonely and wish my girls lived closer but they don't like where I live and I don't like where they live so we have to settle for e-mail and IM's. Oh I'll be okay when the sun shines. It will probably be in the 90's next week. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

You have a great balance, Rose :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

The feelings that we have, for whatever reason we have them, are real.  Sometimes we are able to handle those feelings, and sometimes they just overwhelm us..  Glad you got them under control, for now.. :)

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well over there.
hugs,
Ellen
PS I love Kohls !

Anonymous said...

I'm here getting all caught up! Glad to see this last entry ended with your Christmas card world and your spirit back where it should be.
Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

They are building a Kohl's where they tore down my WM. I do not like Kohl's.
I am glad you are feeling better. Today i have very negative sad thoughts and feel so messed up. Wish you were near me..i know you would tell me what to do about Chad.
love you so,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds so wonderful to be shopping and having a nice cozy weekend.  hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just have to have a pity party and then get over it. Looks like you did good. Enjoy your time at home.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

"Years of therapy, self help groups and  counselors have taught me that feelings aren't facts and most likely the reason for my feelings was something other than what actually was going on that day.  Any time I mention feelings to my husband he thinks he has to do something about it."   <--- a lot of wisdom in those two sentences!  It's true, feelings just ARE, and they aren't always "right" or "wrong" or even rational.  Bless your husband for trying to fix your feelings, futile though it might be. Just shows he cares.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like such a beautiful scene Rose. It sounds cozy in your nice warm home
also. Cute picture. How neat to get such a great discount at Kohl"s.Hope you
have a wonderful day.
Love
Mickie