Wednesday, January 10, 2007

all better....

Another BIG reason I love you all!  You all have been there done much that I have done or close to it!  Things are much better.  I have never been one to sit and not take action.  I came home today and took a nap...two hours!   Oops that's not action.  I never sleep that much but so many germs are going around my work.  The germs must of reinvented themselves after the long holiday.  Icky stuff like pneumonia & strep, and icky flu bugs, worse then the one I had.  My monitor is home sick, 3 days so far.  So for me to get a nap seems to ward off sickness, besides naps feel so good.  We Americans are nutty for not making them manditory.

Anyway, I called the States Attorney regarding my child support.  First I tried to call the airline Liz's dad works at, but I got some poor old lady from Oklahoma, and the other number was for reward points...so I knew that avenue was pointless.  So as I said I called the States Attorney, I used to know the old one, I actually went to high school with him, but now he's a judge.  Get to the point girl!  They were all at lunch so I left a message. 

I figured that they would be useless as the person who answered the phone told me to call my lawyer...my case was from 1988, I don't think he practices family law anymore.  So I bit the bullet and called the state's child support line.  I sat on hold for 45 minutes...listening to all the great things they do for we poor custodial parents...blah blah...then the nice man answered and said after I gave him my dilemma..."oh that was our fault!  We need to send them a letter to change the dates"  Bingo!

He also said I'd get a comfirmation letter.  Cool....I've dealt with these government people in the past.  I usually had to do all the work and they would send me letters claiming to have found Liz's wayward father--this after I told them where he was.  But they have been good to me in the resent past adjusting my support to make up for all the shortfalls.

Ah...it feels good to fix stuff.

Carry on world...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your getting your stuff fixed LOL
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose,
I am so proud of you but am not surprised that you got the job done about your
child support for Liz.  Keep resting hon and hope you don't get sick from anyone.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

i pray that person does as he is supposed to and that you get this solved. I am glad you are feeling ok....man, i hate this time of year with the germs everywhere. I dont want my Rose sick!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Yes it does feel good to fix things and you take a nap if you want to. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rest is  most defintaley the  best defense against all the crud floating around.  That is sooooo like the government to take all the credit and act like they did you some big service haha!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am glad that this got taken care of. I've been gone for  the past week so I am behind on all my journals...

Anonymous said...

Naps are underrated, I agree! Good job on the call, even if you did have to hold for 45 minutes. That is WAY too long!

xoxo