Friday, January 26, 2007

whew glad that's over!

This week has been a blur.  I started an entry I think Monday, but got distracted, perhaps the husband...I dunno.  Anyway, last Sunday night Liz and I went to her first annual Kohl's party.  It was nice but it started at 7:30 and on a school night it was late for me.  The worst part was they didn't eat until 10!  I think they were waiting for the store to close & that group to show.  It ended being a nice night, but too late for me.  I got home at 11 and I need my beauty sleep, I get up at 5 and sleep is a must to keep me from going down with the rest of the crew when the bugs go around.  Speaking of, why do mommy's insist on sending their buggery babies to school?  I know they can't kept them home at every sniffle, but  keep your germs at home please.

I had a hard time zipping my dress slacks that I wore to the party.  I have been skipping going to Curves, have been depending on the kids to walk the dog and been way too lazy.  Plus my bus is much closer to base this year so I have not been walking as much as normal.  My brain has been turning to mush along with my butt.  So Tuesday I turn over a new leave and went back to working out and walking the doggy.  Feeling much better, plus my pants fit again.

Tim told me a kid that goes to his college has been missing since the Saturday before Martin Luther King day.  The kid was at a party at Tim's old frat house and then disappeared.  His frat was all over the news.  The police cleared the house.  Scary stuff.

I have a short Speech team trip tomorrow and the boys are coming over Sunday.

But now with my new found energy I am up for it!

Liz's coffee house fund raiser.  Liz is 3rd from left.   I went to it Friday night, some really talented kids performed. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the little guy is not a happy camper in this picture but cute still. Paula

Anonymous said...

I love that crabby picture! That one is definitely a keeper! You can sell it to him when he is older :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

oh no, i am really upset to read about Tim's friend disappearing! Let me know if that kid shows up. I cant see you ever having a weight problem...glad you got back in the slacks. I know all about needing sleep, going without it is awful. Liz looks great....she is Hollywood material.
love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Praying for the missing child....scary.
Good for you excersing...I havent done that in a long time (bad me !)
Enjoy your weekend.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I love the grumpy face! Too funny!  That is very late for a party!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Someone,like a little boy looks grumpy. Always love your pictures. I will pray for the lost or missing kid. There is so much of that every where,it is scary.
So happy that you had a goodtime at Liz's work party. That is late with you getting up so early.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had to laugh at the picture of your grandson's pouty face.  What a cutie.  I see that expression on both of my grandsons' faces once in awhile.  LOL   Sounds like things are really busy but really good at your place.  Your daughter is adorable.  I know how you feel about your baby graduating.  It's tough.  Congrats on getting those pants to fit nice again.  I've managed to drop those extra pounds I picked up when things got tense around here. (yippee).  Thanks, too, for your supportive comments... you are a peach!!!
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest picture! LOL!! Congrats on getting back to the walks and workouts!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I know why parents send their sick kids to school...it's all about THEIR convenience rather than YOUR health.  Lots of bugs going around lately.  So do you like the Curves workout?  The gym I used to own was sort of like that.  The ladies loved it; unfortunately, I couldn't earn a living at it.