Friday, January 19, 2007

~*~*~today~*~*~

Today I came closer to accepting that my child is growing up, my baby, my only daughter.  I was ok with my boys graduating, after all I had raised all these kids and life had become such a blur of activity that I didn't have time to stop and think let alone feel.  We had children graduate in 1999, (2),  2000, 2002, 2003...Dale would have graduated in 2005...having him here for a year was enough drama to make it feel like he was here for 10. 

I am making myself slow down and enjoy my child's last year of high school.  Thank God for my camera I can document it.  She had a coffee house fund raiser this evening.  Normally I would have not gone, but she worked hard on this and was so happy to see me drop by.  She loves to be in the background, doing stage production, set design, and management of others.   I was glad to go, she's turning into quite a young woman, one am so proud of. 

Sunday is her Christmas party for Kohl's.   It's at a fancy clubhouse, normally I'd of encouraged her to not go, now?  We are going...her & I.

Our children starting as soon as they can crawl begin the process of moving away from us, otherwise they'd never grow up and leave us.   I am going to enjoy this time.

On another note one of my kids on the grade school route was telling me all about some kid he knew, he then said, "I told that kid TMI" So I say, "what the heck is TMI".  Too much information of course!  Ok....have we become so lazy in this world that our children have to abbreviate everything??

Can you tell I am having a gravy school year???  No complaints!  The worst thing so far is yesterday the junior high kids had 4 kids in a seat and one kid squatting in the aisle, and 4 in the other seat..  All I had to say was, straighten the back of the bus or I let all the other buses pass us"...they fixed the mess!

I guess after last year I deserved a break!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

When your daughter leaves the nest you two will be good friends. Glad you are having a good school bus year. I know you deserve it. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose you have a very exciting and busy life. I know how you feel about stopping to enjoy Liz and the others whilr you can,they do grow up so fast.
If I were Liz's Mom I would be very proud of her.I think you did a great job with all your kids etc.period!Darling picture.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your raising a wonderful young woman !!  It's so great your going with her to the party. Have a great time!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

You are right, life with kids goes by like such a blur that sometimes we forget to slow down and enjoy it. They won't be with us forever.  Your daughter is very cute.  I'm glad the kids on the bus are better behaved this year...

Anonymous said...

i knew what TMI meant!!
Liz is very much her mothers daughter. You have done a WONDERFUL job with her plus she is just so darn smart!
XO XO XO LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

How did you get through all of those graduations and not know what TMI meant??? (lol...only kidding!)  I started this school year with my oldest heading off to college and a (non-English speaking) foreign exchange student moving in.  Then the holidays came and the daughter came home...so I had her, her sister, her brother AND the exchange student.  CRAZY!!!  The exchange student moved on to a new house on Jan 1st and my daughter went back to school yesterday.  I am now down to TWO kids!!!  TWO!!!!  It's too quiet here!!! (lol)

((hugs))
jeanne

Anonymous said...

Here catching up -- I just can't figure out where all the time goes with our children -- how do they grow up so fast?! Glad this year is going well at work. You do deserve a break after lasy year! -- Have a great week ahead. Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture!!!! Ahhhh her last year, I would savor it to! I wish my boys had you as a driver, our morning driver seems so misrable, ever since I called her out of her lie to the bus garage unknowingly :(
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a great year for you, Rose :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture of your daughter. And the baby? Would love to cuddle with him. I can see why you love too. You and Mark really had your hands full with kids, didn't you?  I can remember first hearing about them. Now look at them, no longer babies. Johnny's and our son (Johnny's only child) turned 32 in October. Yet it seems like I barely had him. Now he's married, and his first child turned 1 year old on January 22.  Boy how time flies. It took me awhile to get here, but at least I finally arrived. Hope to be able to keep up better.
Love you, so much.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK