Saturday, January 13, 2007

Still not mine...Dakota, Jacob and Jeremy...and Gravedigger...I did edit this picture to make it lighter...photoshop here I come!

 

Mark & I watched the boys today.  Tracey and Jeremy's birthday's were this past week so they wanted to go out alone and see a movie, shop and eat out. 

Dayton is already sitting up, by himself!  He isn't even 6 months yet!  What are they putting in the Similac these days!???  I took bunches of pictures and tomorrow while my hubby watches the Bears get killed I will try and figure out how to download them on to my computer. 

The bigger boys are a lot more fun now that they don't fight all the time.  We were able to take time with each boy as the two big ones were napping when we arrived and Dayton took a nap while they each got up, Jacob first.  He still tried to talk his way into coming home with me.  It's hard to be the oldest of so many kids so close in age.  I feel his pain, my mom had 4 of us in 5 years, me being the oldest and only girl.  I was so mad at mom for bringing home babies everytime I turned around...I made her life hell until I was in 8 th grade, by refusing to go to school.  God I am lucky I didn't get paid back...yet.

We are supposed to get some sort of snowstorm, while the rest of the country is getting ice.  I think they are saying 2 to 4 inches, which to me is a dusting.  Back in the day (I sound like an old granny) we used to get such huge drifts of snow, snow fences had to be put up.   Mostly farm land back then, nothing to block the snow. 

I am off Monday...but signed up for a CPR class, which goes from 8 until noon. 

Time to enjoy the quiet!

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of snow fences but then I haven't heard of three or four inches of snow often either. We get excited if we see a snow flurry. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for Garrett to sit up.. he is trying, but still tips over! lol  Your grandbabies are adorable!  

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

I certanily understand "back in the day " I find I say that alot !!!!  Four babies in Five years ? Whew ! That's one tired mama !
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Rose,
We got snow in Ca. in my own yard,it looked beautiful while it last. Dayton is
sitting up a lot sooner then most kids do. You are never still,that is a blessing
though that you are able to live! Have fun with your camera.
Gently
Mickie

Anonymous said...

We are expecting snow and ice both. You know, the wintry mix we all have come to hate, lol! My front porch was solid ice this morning, but at least this time I was awake enough to put something on it before I tried to go down the stairs - with no railing.

If you have PictureIt on your computer, it's much like Photoshop.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

It is raining here.....50's..no snow. You can have it baby. Love the pic of the boys. WOW, sitting up at 6 months? Kid is gonna be President someday.
love you so so so so so so,
lj

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your good looking grandchildren.  good luck getting them onto your computer.  I think it's cold everywhere.  It was 27 here this morning... I live 35 miles southeast of Los Angeles.  We had ice in the gutters and anywhere on the sidewalks where water sat overnight.  Very unusual for here.
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the long weekend! :)