Tuesday, January 2, 2007

a new year...

Hmmmmmmmm, I used the aol picture feature, I like photobucket better. 

This is my last day of Winter Break.  I go back tomorrow only to am & pm routes, no midday.  They don't meet on Wednesdays.  We have this 3 day week and next and then we are off again on the 15th.  The month will be 1/2 over by then!  Winter is the longest for me, I hate cold.  But I'd rather be outside so I put up with it.  Gotta love working for a school district.  Love the benefits.

New Years was quite an evening.  We had the kids from 5 pm until noon the next day.  Three children under 3 is a lot for this girl.  Especially when the name of the game is let's see how far we can test grandma and grandpa.  Fortunately for me Mark can be the hard guy and he put a halt to the bad behavior.  Dayton can be the most happy baby around, but when he wants something and you don't figure it out right away he screams his head off.   All in all though it was fun.  They all three are delightful, normal kids.   I only wish yesterday was warmer so we could have spent some time at the park.  I did show the boys my school bus, but Dakota kept insisting I drive a back hoe, like daddy.  I was glad to have them here & let my dil sleep in and enjoy a baby free night out.  They went to a neighbors party.  I know all the rest of my kids stayed put too...no need to be out driving on what I fondly call amateur night. 

While I enjoyed my hibernation I am now looking forward to shaking off the cobwebs and go back to normal.  Mark will be working, thank God, and hopefully my stepson Jim too.  It's been a blessing for him and us having him live here again.  This is an opportunity for him to start fresh, save some money and get on with his life.

I am off I need cat food and I hate having 4 sets of eyes staring at me ...

Happy 2007!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...better get that cat food quick!  (lol)

You are so sweet to watch all the kids.  My mom would never do that!!

Happy New Year!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I could have still used a few more days but my break was very enjoyable - I went back to work today. Happy New Year Rose! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, too!  I can't get photobucket to work lately; what's the deal? Have fun back at work - look out for those slippery roads!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!  Yes those cats like to eat when they get ready...mine are the same way..LOL Barbara

Anonymous said...

You are lucky the cats let you use the computer first!

Happy New Year!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

i know NO ONE with such a positive attitude as you and i am thankful you are the way you are.....i want to be just like you when i grow up, LOL.    I am so glad you had all the boys..i know they just wore you out!!! I go back to work tonight after a blessed 3 days off. You enjoy your day tomorrow. Love you always, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I could handle 3 little ones. I just don't have the paients. LOL Yep! Cats have a way of not letting you forget they are hungry.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

God Bless those little ones. I shook my cobwebs off and went to work yesterday....ugh. Missed my shows, my naps!!! Have a great day!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

You are a great Grandma Rose!  And brave too to have the 3 little ones all at once!

Good Luck back to school.

Kara

Anonymous said...

Oh to be young again and be able to run around and take my grandkids with me.
Have a good week.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Your grandchildren are SO CUTE!  I could just kiss 'em.  I love the picture of the kids in the kangaroo pouch.  Where was that taken?  I read back about 3 entries and loved finding out what a blessed Christmas you had.  So glad you got your camera that that you'll be able to get a dryer.  Aren't those wonderful things to have?  So basic  but so important and awesome.
Good luck going back to work.  Hope the kids are great and the roads are clear!
Hugs and Happy New Year,
Kathy