Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I finally figured out how to make my pictures smaller on photobucket...whoo hooo

Jacob & Dakota in Gravedigger (monster truck)...with boys it's all about the toys!  Big or small! 

My problem I was alluding to yesterday has nothing to do with my health or my aging...it's my daughter's biological father.  Over the years he has finally worked at the same place long enough for me to regularly get a small and I mean small support check.  My court order is from 1989...so it is small, but anything helps when you are raising a kid.  I never went back to court because I knew the guy would cause a stink and want me to send my kid all the way from Illinois to Oklahoma to visit, and since he works for the airline he'd  be able to fly her for free.  And since he can't seem to stay with the same woman longer than a few years, I did NOT want my kid exposed to him and his stuff.  So why rock the boat, I left things alone.  Oh yeah, at one point he was $10,000 behind in support, he is required to pay $45 per week, never sending one cent more either.   The government is awesome in that I got his tax refunds for a few years, until he figured it out and adjusted his dependents, or was it he just had more kids?! 

Anyway, in October Liz turned 18, in Illinois support does not stop until the kid graduates, must not be the case in Oklahoma, because her support stopped last month.  So.....I am now being forced to call around and figure out what to do.  First I had to find the airlines main number, that I finally found online (God bless the Internet!).  My legal service told me to call the states attorney and they will inform the company of their error.  It's just ticks me off, because the guys a creep and two payments have been missed and I am sure by now he knows about it.  AND is doing nothing!  He sent her a Christmas card 2 weeks late, with a drunken rambling letter of how much he hopes God blesses her.  I refuse to talk to him since he left without word for 10 years and then expected to come waltzing in Liz's life after she's nearly grown.  When Liz graduates she can decide for herself if she wants to seehim, right now Mark is the only father she has known, and that's what she cares about.

It's just a hassle that brings up all sorts of unnecessary emotions.  And then add my hormones and there you go...but I am not a steamy pile of mess.  I am actually feeling very good and I always love a puzzle and I will get this thing straightened out, as always.

Otherwise, work is fine.  Mark is also working...yippee!  Otherwise life is good and so am I!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so glad I do not have to deal with that sort of thing. I will neve understand why men can have children and just detach themselves from any responsibility in their rearing or support!  I just don't get it!  Good luck getting it all squared away!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

oh i can relate to it all. I pray you get the money due you. I hope after you get all the $$, he drops off the face of the earth. I hate ex husbands.
love you
lisa

Anonymous said...

Yep got an ex-son-in-law like that. He always likes to pick my grandson up for holidays to waste money on fireworks but when it comes to expensive dental work he just doesn't have the money. Paula

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that too. It really sucks. Since you like puzzles, can you get my printer to work in some color besides green and yellow so I can finally print out this letter?

Your indomitable spirit will get you through this, too, Rose :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose,
You are such a dear person and I pray that everything works out soon for you.
Liz is blessed to have Mark and you as parents! The boys look so adorable!
Hope you have a nice day tomorrow.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I  hope you get your money. I dont know how parents can do that.
Great picture of the boys.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Mandy will not be covered by insurance next month when she turns nineteen. We are very worried about that..