Sunday, August 5, 2007

give it a day or two things will change

 

I never get tired of looking at my little guys!  Above is an old one of Dayton, he's changed so much in just a few months. 

 

Right at this moment my hubby is talking to his step mom.  The step mom who said I was controlling, the one who was mad at him, the one who I think is just getting old, lonely, or just plain bored and like to stir up stuff....I did send her another card, one written by Liz thanking her for her gift, I also added that my husband enjoyed talking to her especially sharing stories of his dad...that must of worked because she called. 

Or  maybe Mark's sister who likes to have one too many Buds and has a few issues from childhood made up a lot of the stories. 

Who knows, I don't care, they are talking...a happy hubby is...well...you know the rest...

Liz got registered for school Friday.  She only goes Tuesdays and Thursdays all day, great for the gas usage....school is about a quarter tank of gas a day so....I am happy about that.  She can change her work to days and still have time to do homework.

She went with her boyfriend and his family to Southern Illinois where he goes to school to move him in.  He is an R/A this year and a Junior.  We never allowed her to go before because we felt a high school child didn't belong at a college.  Now she's old enough.  Besides, they have been dating for nearly 3 years, there is no reason to hurry the process.  I still don't get why so many kids are in such a hurry to grow up.  I'd love to go back in time and do a lot over...but I suppose I wouldn't be the me I am now.

That is mainly why I have forced myself to slow down and enjoy life more.  Pay attention to what is going on right now and appreciate it.  I missed so much in my past because I was always looking ahead, worrying, never satisfied with where I was.  It took me to reach 50 to stop and realize this...Life is always subject to change.  We must do the best we can and believe that everything is as it should be.

We should never give up on our dreams...God is always in control, not me!

Next weekend we have the kids all weekend.  Tracey is in a wedding.  I am looking forward to it.  Next week I only have one work related trip on Wednesday.  Otherwise I am free....hopefully the rain will go away so I can enjoy!

I will anyway!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad Mark is happy and you can relax. I know next weekend you will be SO happy with the boys!
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Oh boy if I could go back would I change some things! You even make mistakes when you are older and should know better. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose, I hope you have a great weekend with the boys next weekend, on Wednesday night or Thursday morning I'll email you a reminder to tape that CSI Thursday night at 9:00 p.m. on CBS, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

NOW ISN'T THAT THE CUTEST LITTLE BABY????
GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR HUBBY IS HAPPY AGAIN! LOL GOD WILL ADD A JEWEL TO YOUR CROWN ROSE...HE LOVES PEACEMAKERS. :-)
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie!!! Have a great time with the boys next weekend.
June