Saturday, August 18, 2007

saturday...wish it was sunny

Yesterday was a glorious sunny coolish (high 70's) low humidly day & of course I was stuck indoors in an all day meeting for work.  That's ok though it was a paid all day meeting. 

I had trips early in the week and they all went well.  Today I went to our base/work and looked over the many routes for this coming school year.  I have about 10 picked out.  I usually get close to what I want as many driver do not like to drive junior high kids.  I prefer them to high school as they still have some innocence and respect for authority.   Bidding is Tuesday morning.  This process takes forever...but it's fair. 

Next week I have four trips again.  I am off Monday and Friday, but I will have to drive a dry run of my routes after we pick them on Tuesday, so I will need to fit that in.  And I work Saturday morning.  Three of the trips are for sports: soccer, tennis and freshman football.  I have no clue as to why none of the senior drivers bid on any of the trips this next week  except maybe they don't want to come off summer break early.

Again fine by me....it's easy money.

Last night my son called me to tell me his 9th grade half brother got hurt in his football scrimmage.  The poor kid's arm was broken so bad it was shaped like an S.  Tim called me this morning and said his brother is doing fine, it got reset to the poor kid's relief and he will be in a full arm cast for 6 weeks.

I get along well with my son's father.  We have been divorced since 1985 and we both worked hard to get along.  His wife is fine too.   Forgive and forget...no good comes from holding grudges for things that have changed and are long over.  Their dad and I should never had been together in the first place...we are total opposites.  We are much better people apart.  We have both proved time and time again that we are good parents to our children.  They even used to invite Liz over when she was a wee one.  And after I got married to Mark his kids often went with my boys to their dads for visits.  There is a fine line that has to be kept to avoid weirdness, but things have turned out fine.

Tim is the one who was in the softball tournament last weekend.  They got third and are going to the State finals.

It's over Labor day, and we have a wedding to go to ... but I'd still like to try and go and cheer my kid on...I never tire of being my kid's number one fan!

Tim is in the front row third from the right behind the trophy.

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always willing to work. I admire that in you. Hope your school year will be a good one. Things go so much smoother when exes get along and it is so much happier for all kids involved. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose, hope the sun comes out for you, Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Rose, I'm so glad life is working out well for you. I know you've had more than your share of troubles. You never cease to amaze me!
Oh and your "little" softball player is so cute ;-)

Anonymous said...

POS and i used to get along better and i would have his other daughter, who's pic was in an entry of mine this past week, spend the night and the prick even went on vacations with us but he did too much wrong to get it go.
Chad begins week 3 of school on Monday.
I am glad you are getting the routes you want so far.....good luck next week too.
LOVE YOU
lj

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your son - looks like a great team!

Good luck on getting your routes!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your routes! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you get the route you want and that you're able to go cheer Tim at his game! Sounds fun.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Good luck with shift bids! I hope you get a good route.

Love, Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the routes you want!!!!  Love when the weather drops to cooler temps!!!  It's been back and forth here too but mostly hot and humid.  Sorry to hear about the broken arm for the half brother but glad he is healing now.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Rose,
I hope  that you get the routes you want. So happy tjat you have had nice weather. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose,
I hope  that you get the routes you want. So happy tjat you have had nice weather. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Mickie