Tuesday, July 5, 2005

the 4th of july do over

It rained here so our goofy town cancelled the fireworks until today..which is a good thing because we ended up not going.  We had a mission to go on.

On Saturday we had to take our cat to the Emergency animal hospital because he was acting very weird.  He was just laying around not eating or drinking.  I thought he had gotten poisoned from coming in contact with a mouse that had eaten some decon.  BUT NO!  This cat has kidney stones!  So we were quoted a price of over $1000.00 for the treatment of our big 13 pound Newton.  So I am like do what you gotta do but as soon as this cat pees call me and I am getting him out of this high priced cat hotel.  We went last night to get him at 10:00pm ... hence missing the cancelled fireworks.  Come to find out they can't get his cathater out so they send us home...and by that time it's after 11:00 pm.  But first I ask about my bill they say it's $572.00 so I say wow that's good, it still amazes me that I am actually happy about a 500 dollar bill.

So this morning it's off to work.  I take my student to the Ed Center and there's us and another bus...find out there's no school.  So I take the kid back home.  Go home and call the Animal Hospital.  The doctor says come get the cat he's peeing just fine. 

I am trying to get myself in a frame of mind now to not freak out if they charge me for all this hassle of last night.  Hopefully his bill stands at $572.00.  My stepson is getting married on the 23rd and I still need to find a stunning dress to wear, plus Mark's tux, and we are paying for the rehearsal dinner...luckily it's at a pizza place.  Oh well things always seem to work out.  And against all odds I got a 4 hour route for the rest of the summer plus my raise and my extra special service pay...it will help.   It's just the unexpected stuff that drives a person nuts.  Especially when it comes to pets.  Mine NEVER go outside ... I just never expected Newton to get sick.

I have never had pets longer than a few years because I grew up on a highway and all my dogs and cats got ran over by semi's or ran away from home.  Besides they were working cats, they kept the field mice out of the house.  I learned to never get too attached to my pets.  But this big guy is part of the family.

Now I am running an orphanage of cats and dogs...with 2 dogs and 4 cats, and a bird. 

Ok here I go...I'll let you know how it all works out...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Newton!

I sure hope he gets better soon. It is so expensive, but worth it for our pets.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Rose, i know that $572 hurts but Newton is worth it and in a year you wont even rememeber that cash. These darn animals get in our hearts and just take ahold of it!!!! I hope you enjoy the fireworks. I think the cat has enough fun for a few of his lifetimes! Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Yay for Newton.  Poor little guy.  Yes, everything does work itself out.  Oh, hah, in this case, literally. ;)  [pun totally unintended]  Our pets didn't last long growing up either.  Today I just can't imagine life without these members of our family.  Oh the joy and pain of attachment.  ::sigh::

Anonymous said...

Yep, I get attatched to my pets to. I wouldn't take a million dollars for mine. It sure can get expensive tho. Hope your cat feels better soon.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Newton needs a little diet, lol. I hope he will be OK. Poor guy.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

One of my old men-cats had this....things that helped---make him drink LOTS of water....get the low ash cat food, use torn up newspaper instead of catlitter...the cat litter irritates their urethra...