Friday, July 8, 2005

tgif

Angels are in the heavens, I am sure, because there are deeds done by mortals that are difficult to explain by the mortal nature of man.

-  Dagobert D. Runes

                                    

 Ah people say that bad things come in threes...and I've had mine!  After the cat incident...(and Kas I will definitely try the food and the newspaper instead of litter, he already drinks tons of water, thanks!), I made a huge error in not keeping up with my payments with the State of Illinois for my back taxes, the beauty of owning your own busines is that you get top pay taxes on your own.  So right now we are still getting caught up from the years past.  So they notify my back and freeze my account, but I guess I didn't read the paperwork right and it was only for one day, but I freaked out just the same, afterall we have my stepson wedding on the 23rd!...anywhooo Mark talked to the bank and we redid our leftover truck loan (which we finally got rid of that semi that has sat in our driveway for 1 whole year!), so problem solve, then I go downstairs in the basement to check on my laundry and my water heater is leaking all over the place.  Luckily my basement is an old one and the water didn't hurt anything...ok now that's BIG # 3.  Thank God I am working a summer route, thank God Mark's working a lot and THANK GOD there is only the 3 of us still here.  I never realized how much extra energy more people use until my boys moved out.  My electric bill is now $29.00 from 50, my water, sewer and garbage is now $80.00/every 2 months and it was $120.00.  WOW! WOW ! WOW !  I love my boys, but yee haa!  I love getting caught up on bills too.  Plus I am figuring with a new water heater my Natural gas bill will finally go down, that bill is ugly because Northern Illinois gas company thinks nothing of raising the rates in the dead of a harsh below zero winter...plus my kid works at Menard's and they sell Water heaters and the kid gets a discound!  So somebody up there is really watching me and mine....Hope you all have a lovely weekend....we are going to finally spend some time at our trailer.  Liz comes home Sunday from her mission trip and she tells me she had some sort of spiritual awakening.  My husbnd says it's because she been set free with her boyfriend, with no mean father to give her rules.  But I am hoping it's something along the lines of Godlike or at least "let's start helping others...instead of sitting online counseling my stupid, ungrateful, teenage friends."  Oh well such is the life of a teenager...love you guys!    

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got a new water heater last yr. The old one was 30 yrs old. I bet this new one doesnt last that long! I hope Liz had a WONDERFUL time...and bills? They are just too much sometimes! Have a happy weekend! Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she had a great time. I'm sorry abut all your problems. It does always seem like they run in threes. Hopefully that's all over with.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I am glad your daughter had a good time :)
Sorry about the water heater - mine is next!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

The thing I hated most when I had my own business was dealing with all the different tax issues. There were employee taxes, sales taxes, it went on and on. Such a nightmare and not my forte at all.

That's neat about your daughter's mission trip.

Anonymous said...

I hope things don't come in threes here---my bathtub must be leaking underneath of it, because my dining room flooded!  I know what you mean about bills--only ours went in the other direction when we had Darren move in. A teen boy adds a lot to the bills!