Saturday, July 2, 2005

happy 4th weekend!

Yesterday at 4 am I brought my Liz to the church that was the meeting place for all the lucky folks who went on her Mission trip to West Virginia.  I promptly went back home laid down on the coach and slept until I realized I was late for work!

But she's off and made it there just fine.

She called this afternoon, her cell phone had horrible reception. She told me she is sun burned because last night and tonight they stayed at a camp ground that took them out white water rafting.  Tomorrow morning they head to the work camp.  I am able to text message her through her email, which I am sure she will get tired of!  I also can send the workcamp an email to give to her.  I do miss my daughter but this is an experience she will learn so much from.  Helping others is what it's all about.

It's weird having no kids here...it's the first for us...as we have always had some kid or another here.  Feels like newlyweds ;) !  Mark actually didn't have to work today or Monday.  He got off at 2:00 yesterday so all day he thought yesterday was Saturday.  We had a Lone Star gift card from some past Christmas gift so we had early dinner there.

Afterward we went and visited my father and stepmom.  He has been wanting to sell our family home and move to Florida.  I think he is just going to rent out his house (the 10 house area that he lives in is prime business property, but not quite yet) so he wants to hang on to his property until someone wants to build there. It will be nice to have someone to visit in Florida, but I wish he was gong to California, I like the west coast better.  I am happy for him, he's 69 worked hard all his life, helped me and my brother raise our kids, and buried my mom, he deserves to enjoy the rest of his years in a place he loves.

                                                          

 

Wednesday was Jacob's 2nd birthday...we gave him a set of play power tools and he LOVED them.  Now he can be like his daddy.  Tomorrow is his birthday party.  We were out there today to help Jeremy finish his deck around his pool.  Last year Mark's ex took over the whole party and tried to be the center of the attention.  This year my daughter in law is on to her and all her manipulating ways, so she has given her less power in the kids lives.  Besides since she babysits both kids all day she is losing interest in such things.  Sad but that gives me and Mark more time with them, since in the past if she knew were coming to see Jacob she would come and take him to her house.  Now with 2 she doesn't bother.  I am sure tomorrow she will be quiet...especially since she is still mad at us for not paying my youngest stepson's car insurance, plus I am sure she quite upset for letting him flunk out of high school.  She is the type that will find away to blame Mark.

BUT all the kids are very aware of how she is...and since actions speak louder than whiny words...they know truly how much Mark has tried to help all the kids.

I didn't mean to babble on.  I haven't writen anything of much substance lately so I need to process this.  I simply thank God for giving Mark and I the gift of our wonderful relationships with our children.  And now these awesome grandchildren.

Children of divorce have enough issues without adding more to the heap.  Some people like Mark's ex never look at their own actions, the chose to continue blame people, places and things for all that is wrong in their lives.  I am hoping to break the cycle and teach these kids to take responsiblity for their actions.  So far so good.

Besides I love my daughter in law, we have a great relationship and she makes the prettiest babies ever.

I know I promised picutures.  I 'll take more tomorrow and get the film developed post haste!

YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL 4TH OF JULY...Monday we will be here at home because they have the fireworks less than a half mile from our house...if there wasn't so many trees we could sit in our yard and watch them.

Take care!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you do miss her, but this is a good experience for her. Enjoy your time with Mark. Have a great fourth.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Liz is having a blast! Megan came home after a month away and was in the house for 10 minutes and left again!!!! Kids. The ex sounds like she has many issues but your DIL is wise to see thru her. I hope you & Mark enjoyed your time alone! Thanks for your comments about my latest entry. You are my true friend! Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Have a good holiday weekend!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose:

So much to catch up on. SOunds like a lot is going on at your house and that for the most part everyone is great! Glad to hear...

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you too! :)