Thursday, July 21, 2005

TESTING!!!!

 

THIS IS MY 4th ATTEMPT AT AN ENTRY!  I really have been around, I really have tried to do an entry, but every time IT WON'T SAVE IT! 

It finally rained here in sunny hot and humid Illinois...the new desert...the dust bowl, still is dusty but at least the flowers look a bit more perky.  The grass is still a dead brown color, but it will come back.  I am just sad because I know all this dry weather will keep our Autumn to a sad shade of brown, because the trees won't have the water they need.  :::sigh::: guess we'll have to travel to see the Autumn.

The wedding is this Saturday.  Mark took Matt (the groom) out to Chili's on Tuesday night for the father/son 'talk'.   Matt did tell his father that he thought we did a good job raising him.  That made me feel proud.

Mark's sister and brother are coming for the wedding, which I am excited about.  His sister hasn't been home in 10 years she will be shocked at the growth and changes in our little burb.  She does have a few issues with Mark's ex, and she likes to drink so hopefully she will behave at the wedding reception.  They are having an open bar at the reception too, the bride's family has some professional drinkers on it too, along with my son (the ex frat boy), 2 stepsons, plus the guys from Matt's work it should be quite a blast.  Me being a retired drunk I smile and think how much better this whole group is without me partaking in the stuff...I wasn't a happy drunk I was a mean, nasty witch from Hell.  The world truly is better off with me just being an observer...I have enough trouble keeping my mouth shut on my best days.  The bride's mother is also upset because her dog died last Sunday...Matt says this will be something that will ruin the wedding for her.  Along with the fact that they put us with his mom and stepdad to sit together.  He says if he's mom doesn't like it she can leave. WOW!  Now I wish that kid would really stand up to his future mother in law and ask her to stop coming by their house every single day trying to tell them how to run their household...but progress Rose, progress, one step at a time...The kid will get it soon enough.

Don't  Weddings just bring out the LOVE in a family...I'll update/show pictures, hopefully with no blood shed!!

                                    

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose,
You made it this 4th time on this entry. Hope to hear all about the wedding.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Poor Rose....you may end up being the referee to this bunch!! LOL  I can not wait to hear all about it. The groom sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. I am not a happy drunk either. I sit and think of the past and want to go run into traffic. Love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, Rose, and thanks for the nice comments in my j this week!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is going to be fun.  Did you respond to the chicken or the beef? Or will there just be booze? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding. I hope everyone behaves there selves. Have a wonderful time.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Better bring a camera as it sounds like you could have quite the movie production haha!  Best of Luck!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

It seems a lot of people in j-land have been having those kinds of issues lately....arrrgh.

Anonymous said...

i'm looking forward to photos!  and isn't it kinda fun being the sober one....and seeing how silly the drunks can be?  

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com  

Anonymous said...

Dave's parents used to let themselves into our house all the time. They had a key. His dad scared me to death once when I was in the shower and he came up the steps.