Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I' m here

Hey all I am here.......the weekend wedding festivities went fine. 

The bride was beautiful, and she tends to be on the tomboy side, but there was no hint of that on her day.  The rehearsal was nice, my youngest stepson, Dale who has caused all sorts of problems between his mother and father actually made the first move with Mark.  He hasn't changed at all, he's still a smart mouthed punk, but at least he is working and did try to be nice to his father.  Mark's ex didn't speak one word to us, which I was glad because then I didn't have to be fake and act like I had anything worth while to say to her.  They had the rehearsal dinner at Uno's, which is a pizza place, we had an excellent server, who worked within our budget...we were thanked by the whole wedding party except Mark's ex of course who drank 3 beers which I had to pay for...ISH!  Irony.

The wedding itself was beautiful.  The lavendar bride's maids dresses were not overbearing, the kids gave all of their parents and grandparents lavendar roses which made Mark cry because he was happy they included me.  No one fainted although poor Brandy cried, and her aunt could hardly read the bible verse.

Here are some things I learned from the wedding reception or should I say relearned...I am very forgetful....

When you are sober people tend to be paranoid about their own drinking, for example, my sister in law (youngest bro's wife), whom I haven't seen in two years had a few drinks and kept saying to me..."you are so beautiful, my daughter looks just like you, I wish I could tell people what I though like you do..." hmmm  "I am drinking tonight, but it's your brother that drinks too much beer...." HMMMMM...My brother does drink too much after all he is my brother

Also, when you are an ex heavy drinker, paying for the open bar for a bunch of really heavy duty drinkers is the ulimate lesson in irony...

For instance, Mark's boss & his oldest son, got in verbal disagreements with their wives...all after massive amounts of booze.

My husband's youngest sister came and did behave, but Mark's brother Mitch's ex wife did not...we told her it was fine to come, but she cozied up to Mark's ex and made Mark's sister very upset, because she thought she was taking about her...ah again, the mind of a drinker.  This was after she had a few bud lites and her daughter told my husband that her mother (Mark's sister if you're confused) doesn't drink much anymore...ahhh denial...

I could go on and on, but my fixation with alcohol needs to end here, I am glad it's not part of my own life function anymore as I woke up Sunday morning feeling fine, even though the temperature outside was 105, with a heat index of 117.  I don't miss drinking and am glad neither Mark nor I drink anymore.  It could of been an ugly evening had we joined in.  Mark's ex was rude, hardly smiled and still demands all the attention.  I did feel bad for Mark.  She got to sit near the head table, and you could see her mark on the event.  BUT I will only let it bug me a little while, be thankful I don't have to see her again until the next wedding as she is still mad at us...and doesn't go to parties that we are at.  Her loss.

My only other beef is way too many picture taking by the photographer...I don't see how the kids could actually relax and enjoy the wedding because they were always being stopped to pose for a picture.  But they will have them displayed on a website so I can get them and post them quicker which is so cool!

They also made it yesterday to their honeymoon spot in Cancun.  Emily didn't distroy it so they are there as planned.  Hopefully the bride's parents will leave them alone...it's $1.75 a minute to call...so maybe they will only call once a day instead way too much!  Sometimes it's so hard for moms to let go of their daughters.  Hopefully when the day comes I can let mine go!

To sum it all up it was a beautiful event, I got to spend time with my little brother, family and friends.  My hubby was handsome, I felt comfy in my dress, my daugher was a cutie, my son Tim came and had fun with some old classmates, no blood was shed and we got to spend some time with Mark's sister and her pregnant daughter.  What more could one ask for??? 

I know a long and happy marriage for MATT & BRANDY!!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good time and things went fairly well. That's what counts. I hope the kids are happy. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Hugs. R.C.

Anonymous said...

Im glad that eveyrthing worked out in the end. Your story reminds me of why Iv'e never drank and why I never will. So not worth it. Good for you for quiting!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Cancun was where I went on my honeymoon..it's such a nice spot.. so glad the hurricaine did not screw things up... :)

Anonymous said...

Glad it all turned out well .  I have never been a big drinker but have just got a little merry on occasions many years ago.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great wedding, Rose!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

awww...itsounds wonderful...I don't drink alcohol. My father was/is alcoholic, and my mother has had chemical dependency issues created by doctors trying to treat her mental illnesses.  I;ve always been a wussy drinker--two drinks and I am ready to pass out. I think my body was trying to tell me something. Then I adopted a child who was born alcoholic and went through DTs her first several hours of life. Her birthmother's drinking caused permanent damage to her baby's body. I realized that Mandy would never be able to drink--most FAS kids grow up to be alcoholic.  She needed a role model of an adult who doesn't need to drink to have fun. I haven't had anything in years...
It is funny to be sober when everyone else around you is drunk. You see how silly they act.

Anonymous said...

Rose, i am SO glad to hear it went so well. I thought about you all day. I can not wait to see the pics....especially of you and Mark. Sounds like most everyone was on their best behavior!! Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was a beautiful wedding.I am so happy that you and Mark don't drink. I couldn't help thinking about you all day.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice sober time at the wedding except for the ex's. I know how those ex's can be. John has been married three times, but thank goodness we only have to see one of them. Paula

Anonymous said...

Family functions can be very interesting wouldn't you say?  I am glad it was beautiful.  Nicki