Wednesday, August 10, 2005

here comes the president

 

Coming by chopper?? 

Don't expect President Bush's motorcade to clog Fox Valley roadways this morning. He's coming by helicopter.

No body is talking officially, and a White House spokesman said the Secret Service will not reveal how President Bush will travel until this morning.

But the president is expected to travel via helicopter from O'Hare International Airport in Chicago to Caterpillar's Aurora plant on Route 31 in Oswego Township.

The president is scheduled to be at Caterpillar late this morning for the signing of the transportation bill. 

8/10/05-the Beacon News.  

President Bush is coming to my town today.  As the article states he is coming to CAT to sign a bill.  Denny Hastert, as we call him, Denny, because he is an Oswego grad,  was intrumental in getting this bill passed.    This morning on my route I experienced the traffic jam as folks came to see the President.  They were all parking in a huge newly graded field and taking Shuttle buses to the Cat building where he'll speak.  No we did not get that job, a company called Laidlaw actually had buses lined up taking the folks in...man I would have loved to have that assignment!   As I write the President just signed the bill so when I leave to get my student I better give myself plenty of time as I am sure my timing will be justwhen folks are trying to leave.  The police did an awesome job of traffic control though...because the route I take is a very busy highway...on a good day it's heavy duty jammed.   Such excitment for my little town!    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose,how neat that President Bush was in your town,wish I'd have been there to see him. I bet that you took a longer time driving through all the traffic.
Have a great day.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

WoW! How exciting. It would have been nice if you had gotten that job. I bet that was on heck of a traffic jam. I know they shut down some of the interstate when he was here. That was a mess.
Have a great day.
R.C.

Anonymous said...

You have more guts then I do to drive in that kind of traffic. Paula