Tuesday, August 16, 2005

off

Life is just one damned thing after another.
- Elbert Hubbard

Day 2 of being off work.  I tried to post an entry yesterday but AOL was doing it's thing of NOT working so I started one, my hubby came home so I just deleted it.  Wasn't all that exciting anyway.

My day yesterday?  Cleaned the bathroom, & I mean cleaned it!  Much easier now that I don't have 4 boys using it.  Such excitement!

It's beautiful outside and after the 3 days of rain last week our grass is finally growing!  Needs mowing too.

I also am going to paint my computer room which used to be my bedroom.  For some reason we never got around to painting it after all these 10 plus years of living here.  It's your basic white.  Before we moved upstairs to the larger room that 2 of the boys used to have we did paint that room.  It's a terra cotta color which I love....Our home is very old, built sometime in the mid 1800's.  It has short ceilings and small rooms.  I think it's been added on to at least 2 times.  But it's home and now I finally have the time to paint the neglected rooms.  With only one child left at home I still have another empty bedroom upstairs that was painted I think a few years ago....the closets in this house are huge, which can be a curse to a pack rat like me...I am getting better though, this week I am going to do some more purging ... I always feel so refreshed after a good dumping of junk.

That's about all the excitement for now, except Walgreen's called last night to tell me that I had somebody elses disc for my picutres, I told the girl that I hadn't picked up my pictures yet, so they still had it there...somebody had my wedding pictures, glad I was my usual poking self at picking them up....I'll do that today.  Hopefully I'll get my own pictures of people that I am related to!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know any older houses had huge closets. Good to hear!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Id love to see some pictures of your house. It sounds neat.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

we're painting our house now, too. There won't be any basic white left when we get done, except for the bathroom!!

Anonymous said...

I always feel better after purging all my junk. I'm getting ready to do that myself, if I ever get two days off in a row again. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Awwww Aohell you gotta love it (not).  Painting now thats a chore.  Nicki