Tuesday, August 9, 2005

last weekend

It was a very long weekend filled with a lot activity.  Friday night we went to the fair, Tim and Liz joined us.  Got to have some corn on the cob.  AND some homemade blueberry pie, you know the kind...like your grandma would make!  YUM!  Then Jeremy and Tracey came with the boys.  Jacob went into the small farm animals pen and the poor kid got ganged up by a couple of little goats...he  freaked out!  He was OK though after a while when his Mom to the rescue.  We all stayed for the truck and tractor pulls.  Jacob loved the big "lawnmowers", which is what he calls them!  Little Dakota is getting so big too he's trying to figure out how to scoot around...he's 7 months now so he'll be crawling before we know it.  I took pictures and my stepmom gave me her scanner so when I get it hooked up I'll share..

Saturday we spent at the trailer, but first went to Jeremy's to see the kids.  And enjoyed their swimming pool.  There's still a lot of needless stress going on in the home.  Tracey's sick of Mark's ex watching the boys...she has two new dogs and the boys keep coming home covered in dog hair, lately every time I am with Tracey she is seeking counsel from me...she's thinking she will get a 3rd shift job at Walmart so she can have Jeremy keep the boys and she won't have to use Mark's ex or any sitter...it's very sad, too, and it's too bad that Mark's ex can't figure out how to NOT be so self centered.  Jacob had very bad asthma at one time too, and pet hair can't be good for him.  Tracey has a huge list of complaints: she doesn't feed them what she wants them to have (mostly junk), she props Dakota's bottle, the new puppies are biting the boys toes, she lets Jacob throw fits.  I could go on.  I've said this often enough children belong with their mothers if at all possible, and I still believe all she is doing is providing an income for Mark's ex. But my job now is to be a good listener and give suggestions.  Hopefully Tracey won't get herself pregnant again so she will have too many kids for Mark's ex to watch ;) !  Sorry that was evil I know...but I am not making this up!

Then Sunday we helped my father pack for Florida.  He has 35 years of stuff in that house plus my stepmom's stuff, I did get his freezer and a computer desk AND his house plants.  I will miss them, but he's spirit loves Florida and at 69 he deserves to be happy!  Besides he will have a built in pool and Florida isn't that far away to visit!

3 more days of school for my Summer route and I am ready to be off.  I am a spoiled bus driver who is used to my summers off.  I'll have a week and then go back to do some bidding and training and meetings start in two weeks or so...ah rest ... looking forward to it...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, i just know you are the calm one who is a great listener.....its a good thing Tracey has you to listen. I hope everything works out! Sounds like fun at the fair. We didnt go. It was sooooooo hot! I was sad to miss all that food. Love you, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Some people aren't covered in dog hair?
xoxo

Anonymous said...

All in all it sounds like you had a good wekend. I know you will be glad for some rest. I know I am . LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

It is nice of you to want your father to go where he will be happy. I hope you get to go there to visit. I like tractor pulls but haven't been to one in ages. Glad you all had fun right down to the little goats. Paula

Anonymous said...

Tabby got ganged up on by some baby emus once. She is still wary of them!