Thursday, August 18, 2005

housework!!

Yesterday I actually accomplished a lot.  Mowed the grass. We have a tiny 1/2 corner city lot.  Most of which is my plants.  So it only really took me a short time to do .  Then Liz and I painted the new computer room.  It's sort of a peach color.  It was the can that I thought would be terra cotta for my bedroom.  The paint I eventually got for my room was from the "oops" bin at the hardware store for 5 bucks.  AND it was the exact color i wanted.  I am really bad about picking out color too...but since I didn't use this for my room I used it for the computer room.  Only a bit of trim to finish and it's done.  I actually didn't mind painting either...I ususally hate all the dripping and clean up...but I was a trooper and did it.  Plus Liz and her girlfriend Emily were there so it was a-ok.  It's so interesting to listen to the teenage mind as they discuss their lifes...God I don't remember being that insightful...I mean these girls were actually making sense---I don't remember ever making sense at 16!  This is Em from Liz's birthday party last year. 

 

 

It's at my childhood home of which my father just moved out of .  I get my green thumb from him.  My husband throws a fit when Liz dresses like this...which she tries to do at any chance.  He always says...buy that kid some clothes that fit.  If he only witnessed the guts and butts that I get to see on a daily basis at the local high school.

Oh the humanity!!!

It's raining again, a nice soft gentle one.  Too bad the weather channel only called for 40% chance and that was for tonight....when the weather channel has been exactly the opposite all summer long.  Except for the heat...they've guessed that correctly!

I'm off...need to go work and take a look at the posted routes.  Have a great day!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Painting and mowing in the same day....I need to go lie down.....xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a lot done. Good for you. I don't like to paint and usually don't have to , Dion does that. He doesn't trust me to do a good job . I planned it that way. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

You got way more done then I would have.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

Rose, i HATE to paint....when we bought our house i spent weeks painting the whole inside. I said next time i will be rich enough to hire out. Maybe i'll call you!!! LOL                                   I wish i had a green thumb. I kill all plants! Love you, lj

Anonymous said...

Thats great that the color tunred out so well!  Im with you on the fact that I have seen all the "cracks" I care to see for the REST OF MY LIFE!  So distastefull!!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy that grass mowing and painting while you can. I did my share in my time. Yes teens are so much more grown up. I guess in some ways its good and not so good in others. If you get enough rain just send some this way. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose,you really got a lot done and painting is not fun that's for sure.It sure does have it's rewards when you finish though. I love your Dad's beautiful green yard,
I still get shocked what I see the girls NOT wearing and the earrings in their mouths,tongue and eye lids etc. The boys pants are about to fall off,they have tattoo's and earrings everywhere on them also. Well enough said,but it makes me so sad to see these things.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your time off.
Love
Mickie


Anonymous said...

Rose it's my first time reading your journal, I enjoyed it.  I love gardening also.  I love to plant things and make them grow and bloom into beautiful flowers.  That's when you know your hard work has paid off.  Keep planting.

-Jan

http://journals.aol.com/vagabondevermore/IfIruledtheworld