Monday, August 1, 2005

ah monday

 

                                           

 

Hey all it's Monday...so it must be hot...yep it's hot again, but I suppose that beats the alternative and that would be winter!  Where we live there is definite seasons, and pretty marked too.  I have about 1/3rd of my summer 'break' left so I am going to keep chilling and enjoying it.  My route ends in 2 weeks, I'll have a week off and then bidding, and a bit of training.  Not too much effort...we don't officially go back until September 1st.  I'll be bidding on a kindergarten midday route too, so I will be getting 8 hours in thorughout the course of the day, with a few gaps between runs.  The nice part is I live only a few minutes from base so I can run home if I want. I am not taking a late route again this year, I don't like coming home at 5:00pm.  I am aiming to get something that ends at 4:00 pm.  I like being home before dark in the afternoon.  The school district has also changed the school hours, making the high school start the earliest, which will really cramp my kid's style!  She likes to stay up late and sleep in, even as a baby she was a night owl.  It will take some getting used to, but change is good.

My little tomatoes are starting to ripen.  A kid at the high school at the end of the school year gave me 6 tomato plants.  I had no idea what type they were.  5 are little cherry tomatoes that are sweet, and one looks like a normal size.  Which is ok, because I just plain LOVE tomatoes.  AND blueberries, which are 99 cents a pint in the stores and I am going to stock up and freeze some for the winter....I am getting wise in my middle age!  Save some for the winter....which I am also going to do with can goods.  Things are going very well here work wise, with our Semi finally gone, and Mark and I both working it's not so scary around here anymore $$$ wise, bills are actually getting caught up.  Whew God and hard work pay off...toss in some willingness and you got it made.  Plus my pickup truck will be payed off in December ... YIPEEE!  An automobile that I will actually own that I don't have to make payments on, it's been nearly 10 years since I've had that. 

We had a nice LAZY weekend.  We spent Saturday night star gazing with two other couples at the campground.  It was fun hanging out around their little campfire and chit chatting.  Made me feel almost like my old sociable self again.

Eric is moving to a new apartment next week so we are going to help him on Thursday.  And Mark wants to spend a midweek night at the Trailer on Wednesday...why not?  They have a nice shower house and it's only 20 mnutes away, some people commute farther than that every single day...I am just spoiled!

Have a great day all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd have planted tomatoes,we love them to. That's what I need to do,freeze some fruit for winter. So happy to hear that you are enjoying yourself.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Spoiled is good :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your car will be paid off soon...that has to be a relief. I have over a year left on my car. Sounds great going camping and relaxing. Rick would love to be able to camp but i wont do it. Plus, no money. I am jealous about the tomatoes!! i want some! Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well for you. I hope you get the route you want. A lazy weekend is always nice. I'm glad you enjoyed your self.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Dont you just love it when things look up.  I am happy that things are.  Nicki