Friday, August 26, 2005

wow it's friday

Wow it's Friday!  This week has sped by.  Probably because I am back at the lovely place call "a full time job", which my really isn't.  It's just a 8 hour job spread out over 9 hours this year...with huge breaks between routes.

Ok kids The Cat is behaving.  I've removed any items that he may find inviting to pee on and at night I lock him in his own private bathroom.  The nut is still loving us and lets us put him in there.  Who says cats are the smartest animal are nuts.

At work I got all my routes picked.  I don't have to be at work until 7 am now, and done by 4:00pm.  Which is awesome because then I can drop Liz off at school on the way.  I don't mind her walking the mile to school during the nice weather, but our winters get pretty nasty.  And her boyfriend is now in college so now she can just use dear old mom for a lift.  I only have 2 schools both in the morning and afternoon this year ... a very easy Junior route in a good neighborhood with kids that actually have parents that discipline them.  So they are afraid if you threaten to write them up.  My grade school is near my neighborhood.  There's some tight spots but it'll be fine.  Plus I am driving this cute little girl that used to go the day care center I dropped at last year and once in a while she'd try and sneak on my bus just to see me!  My midday is a Early childhood route.  They are all preschool age and go 4 days a week.  So I have Wednesdays off from 9 until 2:30.  LOVE IT!  I also get a monitor for this route.  So cool!  It's all over the place so I have to hustle.  But I get the extra pay too.

All and all it's been nice to be back.  We had our all day training yesterday and they hired a lot of new people.  Made a few policy changes, otherwise it's all pretty much *go to work* *do my job* and *go home*.  But the nice thing is I like who I am driving.  And have a lot of time during the day to go home and get things done here too.  Afterall I still am a wife and a mother.  Have to do that work too!  I am lucky to have the best of both worlds.

Speaking of being a wife, my husband has been trying something new...it's him not getting all upset at things he can't do anything about.  Like bad drivers, his lazy coworkers, (or hungover which ever the case may be).  AND it's freaking me out!

This week he hasn't complained or yelled once over the phone to me.  Which he usually lets me hear all his complaints.  Weird....I hope he's not sick or something.  Either way I am enjoying the calm.  It's a nice change of pace.

Babysitting all night on Saturday as the kids are going to a wedding.  We are going to the grandkids house so it should be a fun evening. 

AS always, have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the job goes well and that you have a nice weekend also.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you 've got the hours you do. It is such a help when we have kids who need our help. Plus your hours seem easy to work around. better than the full eight hours straight. You do have some pretty nasty winters. Drove through there many times in winter, always dreading it. Have a great weekend hon. You deserve it.
Love you
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying the work. Happy weekend to you too!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoy your route's. Sounds great,. Someone that enjoyes their job , what a concept. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the dh is acting calm and happy. I swear the men have periods without blood...or something!! LOL            Sounds like you have an awesome route this year. Thats good...you deserve it. Have a happy Saturday. Love you, lj

Anonymous said...

So glad everything is coming up roses for you. Paula