Friday, August 5, 2005

A new day...

ah the dawn of a new day...it's way cooler out and the attitude at the home front is just as cool.  We took the daughter and went to see Eric's new townhouse last evening.  It's still considered college living, but it's in a brand new development and a brand new quad.  The place is great, great appliances,  (I am jeolous of the washing machine!), nice high ceilings, with recessed lights, he's room is huge, with his own personal bathroom, deck exit, double sinks and his very own toliet.  And let me tell you this in a college town, with college parties, college over drinking, and college barfing going on...your own toliet IS important.  He is no longer going to college, he's a working man now, so he pays more and got the biggest bedroom with all the amenities.  We meet two of the roomies and they both are upperclassmen and very nice.  Nice is good, older college age better, as the odds of them flunking out and going back to the parents, hence skipping out on the lease, are less.  That's what happened to Eric last year.   So I say good job kid! Proud of you!

Tonight we are headed to the Kendall county fair...this area is famous for our County fairs and town fests.  This is a small affair, but with plenty of corndogs, funnel cakes, live stock, goats in costumes, 4 H'ers running for County fair king and queen, truck and tractor pulls.  This is the event we are excited about as last year when Jacob was a wee 1 year old he stood at the face and freaked out over the BIG TRUCKS AND TRACTORS (which he calls Lawn mowers) he kept screaming "ahhhhhhhhhh".  This year at 2 he should be in Heaven.  And since my darling hubby has been so moody we have yet to make it to their house in 3 WEEKS !! I am having a baby jones!!!  Tim and Liz are going with us so I am realy excited.  I enjoy my children now that they aren't little pains, they actually are nice to be around, most of the time.

I didn't get in trouble over the bus driver thing.  Actually she was right behind me again today.  I was a good girl and didn't go up to her bus and tell her off, best to be a professional, after all I did nothing wrong.  And as one of you dear readers commented this boy needs something to play with other than the door handle so I will bring him something to read to pass the 15 minutes we are made to wait.  Today I gave him a small recipe book that another driver had left in the bus so that's all I had and that kept him quiet for awhile...he hasn't been naughty up until this week.  We both are ready for a break and next week is our last week so if he can be good so can I.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fair sounds like fun. I like small town stuff like that. That's a good idea to give the boy somethng to keep him busy.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait till the Strawberry festival comes back around here.  Lots of good food.  (hence the big butt I have)  I hope your break comes quick you sound like you need it.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

Have a good weekend, Rose!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I am so glad that it is cooler for you.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose, i hope you had a good time at the fair!! Take pics and put them on here!!! Love, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

***Just take a deep breath.....***

You are ALWAYS good....aren't you???

Stacy
http://journals.aol.com/stacy1tbkl/MoreMomentaryMutterings/