Friday, February 10, 2006

baby update

Ok, I am now more informed.  Baby A is named Rylan and weighed in at a huge 5 pounds 6 ounces and 16 1/2 inches this is at 8 weeks premature!  His mommy got to hold him yesterday and he is doing great.  Baby B Tyson weighed 5 pounds 4 ounces (still big) and still holding his own.  He had to be transfered to Luthern General in Chicago for his care.  This I look at as a great sign, he is getting the best care possible.

I am going  up to the hospital this evening.  Keep on sending prayers and good thoughts, my brother is finally being more optimistic. He's gone from planning a funeral to sleeping over night at his son's hospital bed. 

My grandson Dakota is  improving greatly.  We went up to see him last night, Wednesday he was too cranky.  My son and daughter in law have been taking turns staying with him overnight.  Jacob was up there too running around the hallway.  If all goes well he'll be out tonight. 

I am just glad it's Friday...there's still a lot of sick kids and sick drivers.  All not good stuff, between the colds and the stomach flu...it's been a long winter.

I am ready for spring!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of great babies in your life now, Rose! Can you imagine carrying 11 lbs of baby around? She was lucky they went for 8 weeks early or those babies would have outweighed her!

I hope Dakota goes home tonight. A weekend at home will probably be good for him now.

You just stay well, OK? I say let's vote for an early spring, but it's not looking good right now.

xoox

Anonymous said...

Praying for all the little ones, and YOU ! Spring is just around the corner. Well,
Almost. lol But it's nearer than it was last week, right?
love you,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad about Dakota being well enough to be cranky.  I hope he gets to go home this weekend.  I'm sure his being sick gave everybody a scare.  I'm very glad for your Brother and SIL to have two children to bring home, instead of having to plan one funeral.  It'll be wonderful when winter and cold and flu season is finally over with.
Nelishia

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well for all of you. Paula

Anonymous said...

The babies are great sized considering how early they were!!!Hang in there ROse....

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. My prayers are with all the babies and their parents.
Hugs,R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose,I bet those tiny babies are adorable,am so happy that they are doing better.
Your little Dakota is bound to be crabby,not feeling well,but it is great to hear that he is getting better.also Jacob.
You need at least a weekend with all the sick kids etc.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

So lovely to hear about babies. I am glad they are getting on o.k. Dear little mites, I shall pray for them both.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/