Tuesday, February 7, 2006

head cold!

A nasty virus is going around and my little grandbaby Dakota is really sick!  First they thought he had pink eye, then a cold, then pnemonia, now after a test it's a virus.  Poor kid, at least my stepson, his daddy is able to be home with him.  My daughter in law had to take 3 days off last week to take him to the doctor.  And Jacob was sick before him.  I hope I didn't give it to him because I have a head cold too. 

I had a bunch of kids sick on my routes too.  Even the naughty ones got it.  Fever, sniffles, ick!   

My problem child got written up again yesterday for swearing at me.  But today she must of been clued in about the luxery of riding a warm bus verses walking 5 miles home in the 20 degree windys if she got kicked off the bus and was overly nice to me today.  Not one arguement.  I was nice but not my usual friendly self.  This little one needs to earn back my trust.  I still fill bad though how little must a kid think of themselves to act out so much?  I've put my foot down with the rest, walking around the back of bus to socialize while I am going 55 down a highway is pushing it.  I moving to more drastic measures via written conduct reports.  That should do the trick.

On Sunday my stepmom called seems she talked to my sister-in-law who is having the twins.  Even after I asked my brother what I could do to help he still didn't tell me that he is building a master bedroom for himself and his wife.  And it's not done.  My husband and stepsons are in the trades, they did most of the work on their own houses, including electrical, and dry wall.  I called him and volunteered my family to help.  He was thrilled and I scolded him for trying to do everything on his own. 

Tomorrow his wife is due to have a c-section with the twins.  I have no midday so I am planning on heading to the hospital for moral support.  Fingers crossed and many prayers for  a good outcome.  I have always believed in the power of prayer and miracles.  They do happen. 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose~ thanks for the comment and I hope those little boys get all better real soon I know how it is to have sick kids at home and called off I went into school Monday and made it worse I was in/out of it all night when I got home and today I stayed home and inside the house. I send my three to school two of them bring sick but on medicine just with the same but they cant stay home just because of that but I can and I have a sinus infection. Lots of prayers for your brother with the room and with his wife cesection of those new babies good luck I will be thinking of ya and I hope the best keep us updated. I need to go lay back down so have a good nite take care love ya your friend Sara

Anonymous said...

My prayers are still with your family. Nice of you to go to the hospital to give support. Paula

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so hoping for a miracle too, Rose. And I hope Dakota feels better soon. I feel so bad when little ones are sick. they need so much love and attention. I remember rocking my grandchildren for hours on end when they were sick or teething.   You've sure got some beautiful grandchildren. The one in this pic even looks a little feverish, poor thing.
Love you
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Oh boy Rose!  SO much going in in your life right now.  I hope the sickenss passes and that is so nice of you all to help out with the bedroom!  I can't wait to hear about the twins...

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

It must be tough being a school bus driver, and then have unruly kids on top of that!  Yikes!  I have great respect for you & for what you do.....getting those kids to school safely, and then back home just as safe!  You are a God~Sent!  I guess if it take writing one of the badness's up, then thats what you gotta do, huh?  I'm sorry your poor grandbaby is sick!  Its always hard to see them like that!  Breaks your heart, huh?  Wow!  You are gonna be an aunt to twins!  That is great!!!  Let me know if they are boy twins or girl twins or one of each twins!  I have a set of girls, myself!  Good Luck to your SIL, and I wish her all the best!
Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone is feeling better today. Good luck with the babies...saying a prayer !

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so beautiful. I have you and Dakota in my prayers. That flu had me down and out for the last 3 wks, i know how miserable it is and its twice as bad when its a child.
Good for you to putting your foot down with these kids. Their parents obviously are a tad bit lenient in the discipline dept.
I will be worrying about the birth of the twins!
LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Been so much of that virus over here, they had to shut several schools because of it and both my grandsons had it.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Let's hope for a speedy delivery (of the twins)! As far as your brother, how lucky can he be? I sat down on Sunday with my whole family and they all now know that I am remodeling my laundry room and kitchen. No one even offered to help pick out paint colors, lol. I hope he gets his room done quickly - they are going to need it.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy. Hopefully he'll feel better soon.
I'm praying for all of you.
Hugs, R.C.