Saturday, February 25, 2006

I am aight!

I am doing better.  I'm thinking my head cold or my normally low blood pressure, or going from a warm bed to a freezing outside to let the dogs out, or even all of the above made me have a dizzy spell.  No matter, I enjoyed my day off.  Made the week nice and short and now sitting here on a Saturday night I feel like my old self again.

It was very funny to listen to my kids from my Junior High pm route though, you'd of thought the devil himself was driving that bus!  The girl that subbed is of the type that would rather threaten them with idle threats than actually be friendly.  I've subbed before, and trust me kids usually check you out first then try and act up.  Of course this girl is very young, not had any kids of her own yet, so she always acts like a cop when dealing with kids. 

They said she was an A-1 witch, and called here a few other choice words.  I said, "awww you should appreciate me then!"  They do, even the two I wrote up for throwing stuff and standing up were little angels.  Made for a great week!

We spend today helping my brother Ken work on his new bedroom.  Two of my sons came to help.  I hung out with 7 year old Brialyn.  She's already a mini adult, or maybe I am still a kid so we got a long great.  My sister in law Cheryl was with Rylan at the hospital most of the day.  She is still trying to keep up with the other two kids activities, plus go to the hospital.  Which I can plainly see wears her out.  She's trying to be there for all her kids, but sometimes you just can't be fair with your time.  I had 8 kids I know this!  I tried to tell her this, but you know how mom's are they don't listen.

She did have some baby clothes that her girlfriend had bought Rylan, they are size Premie, which I have never seen before.  They are soooooooooo tiny.  And the diapers!  They look like doll diapers.  My brother was incorrect with his email the boys were only 3 pounds 6 ounces not 5.  The baby is up to 3 - 12 now which is good.

He's breathing on his own and actually taking some meals without a feeding tube.  His due date was April 15, so he could come home anytime before that.  The nurses moved him into the "going home soon room" at the hospital, which is a positive sign.

That's why I am doing all I can to help my brother, I want his baby to have a home to come to that is all built, drywalled and painted.  That will take the pressure off my brother and keep his wife happy. 

We are going back tomorrow, so hopefully we can accomplish a lot.

Going now, I am own house stuff to do!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. Hope you stay well. It's rough going from warm to freezing temps. Your brother and his wife are so blessed to have people help them right now. It must be do difficult for them. When I read that Rylan only weighs
3-12 now I could hardly believe it. That is SOOO tiny, bless his heart. Keeping all of them in my prayers & you and your loved ones too.
You're the best, Rose.
Hugs
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I bet those little angels do appreciate you now. Nice of you to be of so much help to your brother and his wife. Paula

Anonymous said...

He really is a tiny baby :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that Rylan is doing better!! GREAT!   I hope you are feeling better too!! Dont overdo, Rose. Take it easy. Those brats on the bus needed a reality jolt with the crabby sub, i think. You are good as gold.
LOVE YOU, lj

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased the baby is doing well. Your a great sister to be helping out. Your brother, i'm sure , is appreciating it.

Ellen

Anonymous said...


Hope that you feel better soon Rose,what would your family do without you? So glad that you enjoyed your day off.Just to feel beter if possible. Your brother has a great sis.Rylans si tiny.I weighed less then 2 pounds when I was born,you wouldn't believe it now though.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your feeling better. Maybe that's what it took to get those kids to appreicate you. You are a good sister . I know your brother and his wife appreicates you.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

SO glad you are feeling better and that the bus kids appreciate you more now! Hopefully they will remember that.  So happy that the baby gets to come home soon :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

Rose -

Sounds like things are returning to normal for you.  I'm glad to hear that the baby is doing well.  Keeping busy with building his room gives everyone a positive outlook.  Thanks for keeping us up to date on them.

I'm glad you're feeling better and that your "kids" missed you.  

How's Liz?

Your other bus driver buddy,
Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Ohh....so tiny.....I bet he is adorable...