Saturday, February 18, 2006

wow was i out of it!

 

Wow I must of been totally out of it yesterday!  First I get to work and hear how my routes went fine, not a hitch.  My bus tells me otherwise.  There was a plastic piece that fit over some wiring that had been broken off, no biggie I think.  Something went wrong with my stop sign and eight way system and the service door, which I had just had all the wiring replaced last month including a new stop sign.  Before that my door rusted off the bus so they replaced it with a brand new one, it's hard to close the door, but I only weigh 120 pounds and if I can close it anybody can do it without a struggle.  Then I get to my elementary kids and they are so happy to see me.  Seems the poor driver took a wrong turn, was 20 minutes late and it was pouring rain.  The afternoon guy who tends to be alittle out there anyway, dropped them off at the wrong stops, and drove too fast, this in a downpour.  Sub drivers do have it rough, they are thrown in first thing in the morning, and expected to a good job.  My route is confusing anyway.  Also the guy let them listen to the radio which is a huge 'no, no'.  No radio's while kids are on board because they distract the driver, and it's hard to hear traffic, trains, etc.  Then I hear that my normally naughty boy for me was hopping seats and the bus driver didn't do anything about it.  So he and I had a talk, I asked him to be good because I was going to be gone.  I guess 'good' is relative, especially to an 8 year old.  I do have a planned day off in April, I'll be drawing up a map for that.  My bus is my pride and joy, it may be old, but I've had it for 2 years.  I know every rattle, groan, and drip.  Makes me angry when some else monkeys with it for no reason. 

Then last night when we were out I realized that I didn't plug my bus in.  We have to plug our buses in every night to keep the engine block warm so it will start easier.  So I figure no worries I'll go this morning right after I drop off Liz for play practice.  The bus isn't going anywhere until Tuesday morning anyway.  So I get to work and no bus!  It's not parked in the normal 30 spot.  It's -6 outside with -25 wind chills, I look around and can't find it.  Maybe it's in the shop.  One of our mechanics is at base making sure everybody can start their buses for the sports trips today.  He told me he'd look for it and plug it in if it's not already down.  Maybe it's mad at me for leaving it and ran away.  Maybe it went to the Monster truck show with my grandson!

Last night when I made my journal entry I had trouble with my computer, I have a bad driver and once and while this thing will just turn off.  Either AOL or my computer saved my entry four times!  Oh well, my beautiful babies got to be shown four times, right?!!!

So today I am going to do some baby proofing, and get another gate to block off parts of my house.  It is no day to be outside.  It's beautiful blue skies, but brrrrrrrrr cold!

But this cold snap will be over by tomorrow, thankfully!  My natural gas bill is high enough. 

We are supposed to be in the 30's by Monday.  I am so ready for winter to be over.

I have tulips that I had brought inside a month ago and put them in a pot by a sunny window.  They are beginning to bloom.  They didn't get warm enough though because the are only about 6 inches tall rather than 14 inches tall.  They are pretty though.  Yellow with red stripes.  COME ON SPRING!

 

Stay warm!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know every rattle, groan, and drip - sounds like being married!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Cute entry. You do love your bus. Paula

Anonymous said...

Well, you're kind of married to that ole bus, Rose. You've been driving it long enough. It is cold here too, but not as cold as where you are. Like you, I am more than ready for Spring. ..especially now.
HUGE hugs, for being so sweet, kind, caring, and supportive.You ARE the best!
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/ITSNOTABOUTLOVE-BUTSURVIVAL
   

Anonymous said...

What a day you had! You can hear the love of your bus in your words,you are cute.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I usually love winter but this one has been crazy.
Your graphic looks like me today. : )
Angela


Anonymous said...

I'm with ya there!  COME ON SPRING!  I'm so ready!  I honestly don't think I could do your job.  Before I got sick & I worked for the school system, some of the bus drivers were trying to talk me into going into their "side" of the deal, but I didn't think I could do it!  You have all my respect, thats for sure!  
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

How funny a run away bus. I guess it missed you. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Where the heck did the bus go?!?!!  That's way strange!