Sunday, February 12, 2006

thank you !

Thank you everyone for all of your kind thoughts and prayers.  I did talk to my brother today and they are doing as well as can be expected.  Since they were told a few months ago that one of their babies would die they accepted his death and have been very pro-active on what they wanted to do for him and themselves to grieve.  When he was born alive they started to believe in miracles, but some doctors tried to tell them he was not going to make it.  Fortunately he did not have to suffer very long. 

Now they are concentrating on getting Cheryl strong, burring their son, and taking the other son home.  They are both very strong people, they both lost spouses tragically, I know they will be fine.  They have family and their belief in God to keep them strong.

Me?  I've been hibernating.  Recharging for the week ahead.  And that feels just right!

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hibernating and recharging are good. It helps that they had advance warning, but no parent should have to bury a child. It's very sad and I am very sorry for them.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing the HUGE difference in the way Christians cope - as compared to non- Christians? SO glad they have GOD in their life.
Hugs,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Still sending prayer to your brother and his family. I'm sure they will be fine with the help of God. Paula

Anonymous said...

I am glad God blessed your SIL and brother with a healthy son. They sound loving and so strong. That describes you too, though. How is Dakota? Take it easy my friend and try not to get sick with that bad flu.
LOVE, lj

Anonymous said...

Rest well hon,
Hope that this week will be a good one.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I know Ken and Cheryl will be okay.  Unfortunately they've been through hard events like this before.  I'm tired of our only family renunions ending up like this.  I think we're gonna have to take control of that situation and get everyone together more often!  Love you lots, see you monday!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good week.
Take Care

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice week. Yes, they are doing the right thing, they have to concentrate on their little son now and look forward to the day they can take him home.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good week. I'm sure they will do fine. God is watching out for them and you.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Just got caught up on all the history leading up to this. So sorry about Tyson, BUT, all things happen for a reason. rich

Anonymous said...

SOunds like they will be just fine in time.

Kara

Anonymous said...

They sure are strong people. God bless them always.

Anonymous said...

So. so sorry about Tyson.  I hate to hear that for them.  I wanted to take a minute to tell you something.  I am elated each time you come by my journal and leave a comment.  I have your journal on alert and read you each time you post.  You are a dear dear person, and I just wanted to say, thank you for including me in the wonderful group of J-Land friends out here.  I appreciate your kindness each and every time.  I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day as well.
Nelishia