Saturday, February 4, 2006

this and that

This has been a weird week.  My junior high pm route group are acting up,again.  There's been an ongoing fight with two sets of girls, each group sisters.   Now girl fights are not nice.  They hiss, they spit, they say things that make no sense to a rational human.  I tend to ignore them, tell them to sit down and knock it off...usually they listen.  Not this week.  This week one of them told their mommy on me, she feels I don't properly listen to her complaints.   Especially when she is screaming at me about how unfair I am.   This first happened at the beginning of the year.  Her mother called my supervisiors, but this only got her own daughter in trouble for lying so this time she went straight to the school.  The school's way of handling this was to put the trouble maker in the front seat of the bus.  This only makes things worse for me, now I get to enjoy the foul mouth of this child and listen to her stories of her 11 year life.  So Friday as I drop off the girl who feels I suck as a bus driver, naughty girl decides to scream out the window.  I forget what all she said mostly because this kid talks so fast I can't understand it anyway.  So I wrote her up.  I am sick and tired of trying to be nice to these kids.  They don't appreciate it they only take advantage of me.  And every time miss naughty girl decides to pick a fight with this girl I am going write her up.  The big problem is this...the last time her sister got in trouble and got kicked off the bus for 3 days the mother made them walk home, they live about 5 long highway miles from the school.  Very, Very unsafe for a 12 year old girl.  :::sigh:::  I guess I can only do the best I can, I can't change the world or the world's kids.  Which by the way some of them have become the most disrespectful group yet.

Tomorrow is the Super Bowl.  Personally I don't care about the game.  To me it's all pretend and entertainment.  They pay these guys big money to entertain us, it could be Paris Hilton and Bill Cosby smacking each other around for I all I care.  We are going to Jeremy and Tracey's for a party.  For me it's all about playing with the babies.  Luckily the party will be downstairs in the basement that he and my husband have been finishing.  I can relax and play chooo chooo train with Jacob.

My brother and his wife are expecting twins.  This poor guy buried his first wife after she mixed some medication and went to sleep and didn't wake up.  She didn't do it on purpose she did a dumb deadly mistake.  She was 5 months pregnant with a baby girl.  His present wife is about 30 weeks and they think one of the twins is dying.  I went to the hospital last night and she is hopeful but realistic.  She on total bed rest and is marking the days until they can induce labor or do a c-section.  Makes me sad.  My brother is a great guy and works his butt off to support his wife and the two children she brought to their marriage.  I am sure that all of this will work out.  I gotta believe that God will cause the best outcome for his whole family.  It just plain sucks though. 

Other than a few other family issues with Mark's ex, which are ongoing because the woman is a straight up nut my life is running on normal.  The weather turned cold again, but I can deal with 30's.  My father's Florida home survived the 10 inches of rain he had Friday, with a dry house.  Mark is working again at least for next week, and I get a day off in two weeks and am keeping the boys overnight.

Life is good...gonna go enjoy it...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you're happy and having an okay day.  Me, on the other hand, and going to punch a certain boy in the mouth.  I'm sick of him, and honestly, don't know how much longer this is gonna last.  Talk to you monday.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you just like to paddle those kids? I know you don't dare now days. Hope your brother's family comes out fine. I don't care for Super Bowl either and I had such plans of things to get done while John watches it then I went and hurt my back moving an entertainment center today and can barely get up and down. Paula

Anonymous said...

Thats a sad story about your brother. I hope the twins will be ok.
My son is 11 and from what he tells me about what  goes on on the bus, I totally understand, middle school kids are rude !! He has come home asking what certain words mean that he shouldnt be hearing !

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Rose -

My thoughts and prayers go out to your brother and his wife.  

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your brother, his wife and the babies :)

The problem with the snotty girls is that they might get severely punished at home for causing the mother to have to do something - you can't win on that one!

Football, schmootball - and I live near the Superbowl game this year. Not going. I wouldn't go if someone offered to pay me to go.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose ,it seems like you had a very hard week,maybe next week will be better.
It is so sad the way the young kids are so rude etc. It would be hard doing what
you are doing,but you are a strong young lady. My prayers are for you and your brother and his wife.
Enjoy the kids hon.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Kids are just different these days , I notice it when they come in the store. They aren't being taught respect. Life will not be good for them.
I don't care about the super bowl either. I'm just not into the game.
Enjoy the babies.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

That is so sad about your brother. We have to remember that God does everything for a reason. Easier said then done I know. I will be praying for him and his wife and those babies. As far as the girls on the bus. I see it on the news every now and then and those fightts are horrible. You do what you need to do to protect your job. Sometimes being the nice person with the kids gets you no where fast. I have learned that working with the youth groups.
Take Care,
Louise

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read about your brothers loss of the 1st wife and maybe of one of his babies. Wow unfair. I feel bad that you are dealing with these preteen girls bad attitudes when we both know theres big issues at home! You are a wonderful compassionate bus driver. I hope that gets resolved. I spent ALL day in front of the PC so i dont know a thing about the SB.
LOVE YOU, lady!
lj

Anonymous said...

Oh, the story about the twins is so sad...you know that Shelby was a twin, and her twin died in utero....

I agree, little girl fights are the worst...

Anonymous said...

I would never want you job hon. And these kids have no idea how lucky they are to have you for a driver. I'm glad you wrote the girl up. I don't think you had any other choice. I have been praying for the twin. My heart really goes out to your brother. I can only imagine how horrible this must be for him. Life really does stink sometimes, but still, like you, I'm not going to focus on that part. I'll be out looking for those bright shiny, sunny things contained in our days. They are out there. We just have to look for them.
Love you
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Rose you are a great lady! It is so sad when kids are so nasty. SOmeday they will come around. I hope the babies are OK! Keeping them in my thoughts...

Kara