Friday, March 17, 2006

friday---finally

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. The rain falls soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.


-Irish blessing

                      
 
 
     I am not Irish and I didn't even pretend to be Irish today.  Someone, maybe a little tyke gave me THEIR COLD!!  Here I was all smug, thinking I had escaped the flu (for me that means barfing and the other end), and all the other various illnesses that had been floating around for the past months.  I had been a good girl and washed my hands, sprayed my bus, and used sanitizer at the Curves, THE CURVES!!  Oh I bet those lovely ladies at Curves gave me THEIR colds!  I am pretty much used to the germy little creatures that inhabit my school bus.  BUT those LADIES!  They did it!! 
 
Oh well, I dealt with my runny nose long enough today with cold pills that didn't work to head over to Walgreens and buy their version of Airborne, it's that herbal stuff that a teacher came up with and was able to quit work and get rich.  People at work swear by it and I am just miserable enough to spring for the four bucks (on sale of course) to try it.  I'll let you know if it works.  Anything is better than a red, running nose, especially on the weekend.
 
 
Mark's going back to work Monday as we did not get the huge snowstorm the professional weathermen were predicting yesterday.  So the ground is dry to work.  Thank God we only got less than an inch (not the 4 to 12 they said we would) and it was gone by noon.  Hopefully (fingers crossed) we are done with snow for the season.  I am so ready for warm weather, and green grass, and plants.  And all the great outdoor fun that comes with the warmer weather.  I so should live somewhere where it's warm all year long, but for now my life is here.  Maybe a winter home somewhere in Florida in the future???  Could be!
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your buy Zicam nasal gel (it's zinc) and put it in your nostrils (not up your nose), your cold will be gone in one-third the time.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard of Airborne. What is it and what does it do and how do you use it? Keep us posted. No its not nuts to have four cats. My daughter just had to put her fourth one down. Donatello was 16. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hope that you get better soon,no fun being sick.It is so good that Mark is going back to work Monday. Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

After visiting Florida for the first time this year. A winter home sounds ideal !!!!

Ellen
PS feel better

Anonymous said...

I sure hope my next move after this one is to Florida.

Think back 3 days - that is when you got the germs, so wherever you were then...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

How is curves?  We have one right around the corner and I wasn't sure about it.  Let me know.  Hope you feel better soon.  Big Hugs, Nicki

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs, R.C.