Saturday, March 25, 2006

This week went by quickly.  I am feeling much better, but now Mark has a sore throat.  He finally did go back to work on Thursday.  They owed him 3 days so he did get a full week in.  I like the routine of him being back to work, he's not good at finding things to occupy his time, like I am.  If all else fails I can usually find some thing or place to clean.

Now I need to keep Liz healthy.  Her show choir group is leaving for Disney World on Wednesday.  I don't want a runny nose to keep her from missing Mickey!

It snowed here yesterday three different times.  It was enough to coat the ground and then melt.  Next week it is expected to warm up.  My tulips are coming up, I always love this time of year.  When my garden starts to show it's beautiful face.  That should help cheer things up around here.  At least I can turn off the blasted heat. Our heating bill was ugly this winter.  Even on a budget plan. When the weather was warm in January I turned my heat down to 60, and then when it was cold in February I turned it up to 68, and the bill was exactly the same!!!  GRRRRRRRRR but you have to have heat.  So it goes.

Spring break is here!  Oh JOY!  My junior high girl that came back from her suspension was being an angel all week.  By Thursday she was not riding because of a detention along with a couple of others.  Quiet bus ride for sure.  Then Friday I heard from her foster sister that she had been suspended from school for making a racial slur at another student.  I feel bad for this girl, whatever happened to her before she was put into the foster system has really effected her.  I did try and get through to her, but when talking didn't work I had to resort to writing her up.  I don't feel guilty for doing it.  I have to keep my bus safe, I just feel bad for her, and her future.  She's only 11.

I have two dogs and the older one has been having trouble walking.  We spent the whole week taking care of him, babying him.  Pets become like family.  It's so hard to get older. 

I was telling two of my 5 th grade riders (they were the last two on the bus) that I was going to be 49 this year.   ICK!! It even shocked me!  I am old!  The boy asked me if I was going to get a colon screening, (he asked me in a very graphic way, you know finger up the you-know-what) I causally said, "ah maybe".  Kids do put it right out there don't they??  But that's what I love about my job...never a dull moment and always entertaining. 

Next week I will be with my grandbabies.  The weather is supposed to be warmer and I look forward to exploring the world they live in.  I love seeing the world through the eyes of little ones.  Makes the world a simplier place...I must remember this as I tend to get all wrapped up in the worrying about the future... I was taught a long time to live in today.  Life is good.

Have a great weekend friends...and may God bless you as He has blessed me!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Liz stays well too..thank you for the comment in my journal today.I feel like i am free falling.

I am sad to read about the 11 yr old....scary, huh? I know you do all you can and more for all the bus kids. I hope somehow she turns it around. It is snowing here right now....it snowed last night but the snow melted. Have a happy SAT and Sunday. LOVE,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

OMG the nerve of that kid to ask you that. lol Oh well it isn't so bad I had one. Don't feel old you are in the best years of your life, 40's and 50's. Hope everyone stays well at your house. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,

Yeah, Spring Break is here!   My tulips and crocus' are coming up now too.  Even my lilac tree is beginning to get big buds on it.  I love this time of year too.  

My Middle School kids were very rowdy too on the bus on their last day of school this week.  Must be a combination of Spring Break and Spring Weather!  They were slow pokes getting onto the buses to go home.  They kept saying "goodbye" to each other like it's the end of the school year and they'd never see each other again.  They were all wound up, shreeks of joy, and noisy and wouldn't sit in their seats.  My K-5 kids were good, as expected.  My high schoolers were not effected by this break in our schedule.  Very blase!  I love my HS kids the best!  (Take that back, my preschoolers are pretty cute.  Always quiet.  And I never have to pull the bus over to tell them to stay in their seats, they're buckeled in!  I wonder, can I do the same thing to my Middle Schoolers!?!)

My son is going to Disney tomorrow, Sunday.  He is going to Epcot to perform with his Marching Band, Choir and Color Guard friends.  He plays the quads in the drum line.  We have about 150 kids going down on 3 Charter Buses.  I wish I were driving those buses!  Maybe our kids can look for each other.  When does Liz come back?  My son comes back on Saturday, around midnight.   I hope she enjoys herself and feels good.  

Enjoy those grandkids this week.  

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

I wish you were my kids bus driver !!!!  Enjoy your time next with the kids.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

It's a shame how some kids get all messed up and it's not their fault.
I hope you have a great week with the grand babies.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are feeling better. I know how you feel when hubby is home all day,so glad that he was able to get back to work. My Granddaughter came over last night with two of her giels,I just love them. I just love flowers and I love spring.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose (its Sara)

You always seem to have the best stories because you drive the school bus,am sure alot bus drivers can write a book... I feel for that girl probably as much as you do because yes it seems that life has taken her down a dark road and she wasnt seem to found her way back but at 11 she needs to turn it around before she gets farer away from home,its a sad story. Am sorry Mark isnt feeling too good but lucky he was able to go back to work. Bill was off work this weekend, so got to spend it together, with the kids it was nice! I hope Liz has a great time at Disney world and tell her to take alot of pics for you to share lol. U can keep the snow we had alittle and then it melted but not even an inch. My kids wont have spring break for a couple more weeks thank god. Well I need to finish my Sunday roast dinner have a good nite, great week again. Love ya stay in touch Sara

Anonymous said...

I hope your dog is OK :)

I am anxiously awaiting spring too - this should be my last year to do yard work and I want to get it over with!

xoxo