Sunday, March 19, 2006

I haven't heard from my brother since the week we worked on his house which was over a month ago.  My brother, the one who had the twins.  I know he is busy, I know he has a job, new baby, a wife, 2 other busy kids, and a room to finish.  But an email would be nice. 

With this cold I decided to not go to the shower today.  This thing came on fast and has been passed around so much that I was probably the one who started it and it just circle back to me. 

My sister in law has always been, what can I say opinionated.  Bitchy doesn't sound nice so I will say that when we were helping Ken with the room, I felt like she wasn't being real supportive.  She made a few comments about how slow he was going, and how she felt he couldn't do it himself.  Really negative stuff.  I thought maybe she had a good excuse, you know she just lost her son, she was hormonal, etc.  Now she has always been this way, you know, a bit self absorbed, wrapped around her kids and their activities,   My feeling was to each his own, live and let live sorta thing. 

So today I call her and tell her that I won't be at the shower because of my cold.  I ask her how Rylan is..."oh he's home".  And how'd the room turn out?  "Oh it's coming along, we painted it a dark color and it shows all the imprefections."  And Ken?  "He's sick, too, but I don't let him near the baby, God know we don't want him to get sick too"

HMMMMMMMMMMM....I think, ok fine...

No really my problem is this...my brother busts his butt for this woman and he gets this crap.  And since I am not married to her, I must bite my tongue.  I can only be a little miffed that I didn't get an email or a call saying that the baby is out of the hospital and their room is done would I like to see it.  Or a least a return  phone call to Mark regarding Jeremy's tool being left at their house.  You know common courtesy?

Oh well, that's life.  My job was done there.  Now it's time to go back to my own life. 

Oh by the way, Rylan is 5 1/2 pounds now and nearly 18 inches.  She is breast feeding him so he has a great start.  He's gonna need it.  I am sure shewill have him training for the Olympics before he's in kindergarten. 

Thanks for listening !!  Love you guys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sister-in-law I had once could be her twin. She knew everyone's job better then they did etc. She dealt me more trouble then a mother-in-law ever could. Why do people have to be like that? I guess really they are more insecure then they would want us to know. Paula

Anonymous said...

What a great sister and sister in law you are, God see's all! So happy that the baby is doing well.  Hope you are feeling some better.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your brother needs a call - to hear how wonderful he is. He sure isn't hearing it at home!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Brothers are difficult. The whole reason I went private...if you remember .
I hope you feel better soon.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Are you sure we arent sisters and you arent talking about my brother and his bitch wife? I had a brother, that is, until 1988 when he married his wife. She is the fakest female God ever made.....she came into the marriage with 2 kids and my brother raised them and now is raising their kids, one of the stepdaughters is in prison. In 1992, i finally blew at my brother and his wife and begged for a relationship and was told to bug off and that i was a whiny ass bitch and to grow up. Needless to say, we all only get together at Christmas. It only hurts me when i let it. I only have one sibling.
So, i know how you feel. I hope Rylan is ok and you get to see the baby soon!
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

Well sounds like he has his hands full.  Most guys turn their feelings inward.  Maybe he has too.  I know how hard it is to deal with the opinionated.  LOL  Very difficult.  Good luck.  Nicki